• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

amateur radio easly moded to 11 meters ?

Snake Eyes said:
Daiwa CS-201A.....one of the best!!

I have to agree. I have a few of them and they are great switches. In answer to booty monster's question directly,yes a switch can be used for one antenna and two radios or two antennas and one radio which ever suits your needs. I have a CS-201 switching two radios to one antenna and another switching two antennas to one radio.

I have an AS-100 that you can switch between radios by which ever one is keyed. There was a guy that used to sell them on Ebay. Not sure if he does still.

BOOTY MONSTER said:
thats a very important and appreciated heads up CW . thank you .

i seen it mentioned in another post somewhere but ill ask here . can a antenna switch box also be used in reverse to switch between different radios and one antenna ? say i have an antenna thats covers 10-40 meters (or with the use of an antenna tuner) and i want to switch between a ham rig and a cb on that same antenna . as long as the switch handles the power and bandwidth should there be any suprises ?

YES there will be a surprise, Unless you are sure that only
One Radio at a time is turned on !!!

You cant flip flop back and forth between radios even when
on a different frequency or band, and both are powered on side by side..

Regarding the switch, I use a four into four combo of switches
with a three foot jumper between them.
At one time I had them hard bridged together using a double
male 259 connector. It was a little much to mount on wall
to make me feel good about it.

Regards, John

BTW. The one antenna deal is good in thought but it want
hold water for very long in my humble opinon :LOL:
Half of the fun is in antennas 8)

Well I have to agree with CW, YIKES,

With that said,

A cheap ham radio you can find on egay is the Yaesu FT-840.

The conversion is simple to just take a piece of wire with aligator clips jump a lead in the radio to the radio ground turn on the radio while pushing a few buttons and bam your done.

remove the jumper and close the radio up.

If you ever want to go back to the stock set up jump the same lead and push the same buttons and its back to the way it was from factory.

No soldering at all, easy peasy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio