• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

american made

They use those as shipping containers for the bronze ones.

I bet that would make a fine casket. My family is big on "proper" funerals. Gotta have a nice casket, decent plot with a respectable headstone.

I've stated in my will and told my wife and family that I want no showing or burial. I want simply to have my body to be schlepped out of the house, transported to an incinerator and ashes placed in a plain old cardboard box.

I'd rather my life insurance money be spent on whatever my wife and kid need. I know my wife will honor my wishes, but know damn well the rest of my family with ignore my wishes.

I know they have rent a caskets. My wife's friend was shown in a nice rental casket then placed in a cardboard casket for the ride to the furnace. I don't think it costs very much.

Even though my dad and mom already paid for burial plots,she elected to have his body incinerated. It was a whole lot cheaper. My sisters picked an pretty ceramic urn to place what was left in and each of us kids got a vial of his remains. That creeped me out so I said,"sorry dad" and chunked it. We did have a memorial service for him and would've a military funeral at Arlington but no.

My parents are pushing 90's. They did that funeral planning back when I was in high school. I don't think my dad really gives a flip what you do with his carcass. My mom gets really emotional and downright anxiety ridden if you discuss anything other than an ordinary burial.

Everything is paid for and basically planned out, so it should all go smoothly. Except when my 3 sisters start fighting over the spoils. 30 years as a Paramedic has numbed my reaction to death. I absolutely hate funerals. I will go and pay my respects, but I'd much rather skip it and just maintain my memories of the individual instead of having their body as the last thing I see.

I hate how funerals are nothing but profit making schemes.

Reactions: 1 person
When I pass I have Requested my funeral to be held at my gun club at the 100 yd. range so after the service anyone who wants can shoot any of my rifles (scoped or Iron sight and choice of calibur) at my body. Beer and light refrishments are BYOB. I will supply ammo. Funeral parlor to clean the mess and creamate remains.. ashes to be spread...Yes at the range.;)

Reactions: 2 people
I told my wife to pray that I die on a Wednesday. Garbage day is Thursday, and she should just bag me up and haul the can to the curb. If I go on a Friday then she'll have to double bag me or I'll get a little ripe by the time Thursday rolls around.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been to my grand parents, parents, and my son's funerals. You'll only find me at one more, but I won't know about it.
- 'Doc

Sorry to hear about the loss of your son doc.

I have been to so many funerals, that you would think i would get used to it.
aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, grandparents, 1 parent, brother in law, friends relatives, friends of friends and so and so on.

death and taxes are the only 2 things you can be sure. not sure what famous person started that quote, but it's true.

good day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.