• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amp Builders in GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobb2140

Jan 8, 2009
I am looking for an amp builder in GA whose name is supposedly **********. This person sold me an amp and I paid for it postal money order and never recieved the amp and cannot get ahold of him. It has been over a month since I heard from him and almost 4 months since I paid him. I believe he said he builds armadillo amps but not sure if that was a scam too. I have seen pics of the amp I supposedly was buying on this site, he said it was a trade in or something. I think it is a big scam and I am out alot of money and time trying to press charges.

Thanks
Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep See the thread Mack pointed to. You guys should get together and contact the local PD of this POS.

I am looking for an amp builder in GA whose name is supposedly **********. This person sold me an amp and I paid for it postal money order and never recieved the amp and cannot get ahold of him. It has been over a month since I heard from him and almost 4 months since I paid him. I believe he said he builds armadillo amps but not sure if that was a scam too. I have seen pics of the amp I supposedly was buying on this site, he said it was a trade in or something. I think it is a big scam and I am out alot of money and time trying to press charges.

Thanks
Greg

what city does he live in?

Scumbag

Same scam pulled on me. He lives in Douglas GA. Says he can build motormauls , got radios and amps that he can buld and send. He says he has birds stuff and he got cheap stuff that he sells due to trade ins and previous deals. Says he owns his own trucking company and his wife runs a Pawn shop. Pictures show a room full of gear so it kind of backs up his story but all the stuff in the picture of his radio room is of other peoples stuff that he scams them of. He is not affiliated with Armadillo according to a tech working for Armadillo(Bowevil). Any one need any more info PM me. I am out a 12 Pill Dave , 528e Symetrix, and a built Grant. I helped him by researching the net and helping him set his audio gear up. Take care.

LOL yeah, about an illegal amp deal gone bad.:D

The legality of the amp does not matter, who can say what the intended purpose is, for all you know it may have been for legit use on 10 meters by a licensed Ham, or perhaps the owner is getting ready to test. Nothing in the world says that as a licensed Ham I cannot own build or buy one.

The legality of the amp does not matter, who can say what the intended purpose is, for all you know it may have been for legit use on 10 meters by a licensed Ham, or perhaps the owner is getting ready to test. Nothing in the world says that as a licensed Ham I cannot own build or buy one.
Um this is not about you, it's about bobb2140 and I wager he cannot produce an amateur license so if this is so my post is credible.

Um this is not about you, it's about bobb2140 and I wager he cannot produce an amateur license so if this is so my post is credible.

Wow, no shit? not about me, damn.... He does not need a license, simply possessing the amplifier is not enough to break any laws.

what city does he live in?

operator.png

Wow, no shit? not about me, damn.... He does not need a license, simply possessing the amplifier is not enough to break any laws.
Your panties are showing! oh and by the way it would have to go to court to be settled and it surely might come up that one guy has no type acceptance to build and sell from the FCC and the other should'nt be in possesion of one of these devices without a license now would they? I'm no lawyer but I think questions might be raised on this issue in a court of LAW.

Your panties are showing! oh and by the way it would have to go to court to be settled and it surely might come up that one guy has no type acceptance to build and sell from the FCC and the other should'nt be in possesion of one of these devices without a license now would they? I'm no lawyer but I think questions might be raised on this issue in a court of LAW.

yea they are over your eyes...

Your assumption that this would ever see a court room is just that, an ASSumption. You also need to get an actual clue to what your talking about. You are certainly right about one thing, Your no Lawyer.....

Go ahead, ramble on, I'm done with you....

Just FYI the liscence thing is all set and it is totally legal for me to purchase this and run it.
Thanls
Greg

LOL yeah, about an illegal amp deal gone bad.:D

if it was paid for with a postal money order , he can get slammed big time.

its not about the type of equipment, its' about fraud

btw, for what its worth, there are 6 licensed amateurs in that zipcode, none with that name, they are all TECHS, and none use that address.

yea they are over your eyes...

Your assumption that this would ever see a court room is just that, an ASSumption. You also need to get an actual clue to what your talking about. You are certainly right about one thing, Your no Lawyer.....

Go ahead, ramble on, I'm done with you....
No you're not done with me, only in A communist nation can you railroad someone without a trial and that's exactly what you're trying to do here and make it a ( I'm a ham radio operator and I am above the law thing) which gives you the thought proccess of a moron for even considering that someone would side with you on this issue.

I never said what Mr. Wimberly did was legal, I said the entire transaction was illegal but I do know if this were to go to court nasty little things would be revealed and both parties would lose in the end.

You comment about me making an ASSumtion only goes to show what an ASSHOLE you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.