• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amp coax jumper length

can't using a very short jumper (12 inches or less) do the same thing as the 1/2 WL ?

You like to play with antennas Booty, you should...ahhh ( how do i say this) cut back on the meds a little and save a few "dimes" ( no pun intended) and get you a antenna analyzer.
A swr meter is really a kind of crude tool...I mean they tell you if something will work, but a good analyzer can tell you so much more.

Jeff

a analyzer would be nice , but from what i understand they dont work on amp inputs .
also since a 1/4 wl of coax is apparently a transformer are all odd multiples ( 3/4 , 5/4 , 7/4 etc) also transformers ?
fwiu even multiples of E1/2 WL will continue to accurately show whats on the other end ...... do 1/4 wl multiples also repeat the transformer effect ?

a analyzer would be nice , but from what i understand they dont work on amp inputs .
also since a 1/4 wl of coax is apparently a transformer are all odd multiples ( 3/4 , 5/4 , 7/4 etc) also transformers ?
fwiu even multiples of E1/2 WL will continue to accurately show whats on the other end ...... do 1/4 wl multiples also repeat the transformer effect ?

dude seriously go read a book... why do you need everyone to spoon feed you information. asking questions is one thing but you're like the kid who just keeps saying why. Get a copy of the ARRL Antenna handbook and start there. Lot's of other good stuff out there once you're comfortable with what's in there.

the purpose of this forum is to learn and share information . if you dont wanna do that , then dont . and you need to quit trying to fuckin put me down !!!

YOU DIDN'T DISCOVER A GOD DAMN THING YOURSELF THAT WASN'T ALREADY IN A BOOK . YOU PARROT A BOOK OR SOMETHING SOMEONE TOLD YOU .... MOST EVERYONE DOES !!
GO HAVE INTERCOURSE WITH YOURSELF !!!!

dude seriously go read a book... why do you need everyone to spoon feed you information. asking questions is one thing but you're like the kid who just keeps saying why. Get a copy of the ARRL Antenna handbook and start there. Lot's of other good stuff out there once you're comfortable with what's in there.

Books are wealth of knowledge but sometimes we get confused on some subjects,therefore we need to get a layman explanation to figure out the technical aspect of this hobby :blink:

73 de Tecnicoloco
I ate my wheaties this morning

040810-wheaties.jpg

So the man asks questions. You Do not have any obligation to answer them what so ever. If you've have read the earlier posts, it is in the man nature to ask questions. We all are here on this forum to ask questions and learn from those that know more.

My question after reading through this thread is. Since a section of Coax can act in such ways as yall have described. Why is it such a necessity to have a Coax a certian length and not fix the situation at the device end? How would I go about seeing the load input of a certian device? And mainly and critical to me, Not calling anyone out here, is where can I find this information that is locked into your heads?

thanks guys .

i apologize to anyone my post above offended , except for ROC1 .

thanks guys .

i apologize to anyone my post above offended , except for ROC1 .

Did not offend me in the slightest, and I am not defending you. Atleast I do not think I am, not that you need any from me. However, Booty I must say this I have learned a great deal from the questions you have asked, and even more from the questions I have asked you.

The biggest problem I got with you Booty is, Punctuation!! :laugh:

Did not offend me in the slightest, and I am not defending you. Atleast I do not think I am, not that you need any from me. However, Booty I must say this I have learned a great deal from the questions you have asked, and even more from the questions I have asked you.

The biggest problem I got with you Booty is, Punctuation!! :laugh:

OH now you are looking for a punctual booty? (y)

Not calling anyone out here, is where can I find this information that is locked into your heads?

Antenna handbook, ARRL website has them for sale. Ebay has antenna books, heck I think even books a million website has antenna books.

Many different authors have written books on this, some are published online.

Here is a link to a good read.

Understanding Antennas For the Non-technical Ham by N4JA - An online Book!

another good read understanding VSWR, may open your eyes as VSWR is not all that when it comes to antenna radiating efficiency.

The Real SWR Page - Explained by WC7I - Will high SWR burn up my radio?

Google coax transformers, coax baluns, etc. etc.

Impedance matching can be accomplished in so many different ways, and it is worth researching the many different ways to accomplish this to make an effective matching network so most of the RF we transmit makes it to the antenna, instead of ending up loss in a matching network or coax.

The information is not locked into any ones head, it is free information, all one has to do is want to find the answers.

Booty just keep asking your questions, I enjoy reading them and also the replies you get.

The ONLY stupid question is the question that is not asked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grizz420
the purpose of this forum is to learn and share information . if you dont wanna do that , then dont . and you need to quit trying to fuckin put me down !!!

YOU DIDN'T DISCOVER A GOD DAMN THING YOURSELF THAT WASN'T ALREADY IN A BOOK . YOU PARROT A BOOK OR SOMETHING SOMEONE TOLD YOU .... MOST EVERYONE DOES !!
GO HAVE INTERCOURSE WITH YOURSELF !!!!

LOL if i could do that I wouldn't need you.

if you really knew me you would know that the least of my problems is punctuation . :LOL::LOL::LOL:

"Books are wealth of knowledge but sometimes we get confused on some subjects,therefore we need to get a layman explanation to figure out the technical aspect of this hobby"

my problem with most of the books and respectable articles on the WWW is i don't have a electrical/engineering degree to understand something like .. z = 50 devided by x - z squared by the amount of stripes on a zebras behind . nor do i intend to go to night school to learn how . thankfully there are some very knowledgeable folks that are very happy to discuss the hobby with chicken banders on this forum ....... without getting offensive and having a holier than thou attitude because they have a piece of paper hanging on their wall .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.