• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amp Help

moviking

Nov 24, 2011
Table Rock Lake, Branson mo area
Anyone ever see one of these, story goes they were made per order ?
I need a wiring diagram for it.

ScreenShot2011-12-21at80221PM.png

If that were true then a schematic may not be available for a one off rig unless you can find the original paper issue that came with that unit.

What type of tubes and what configuration. Single stage or dual stage?

Oh boy......... some one been collecting for a while....

Beware of the Fleebay police if you going to try to turn and burn them, Fleebay will boot off the Maco amps and the Maverick amps due to they say they work for 11 meter along with ANY Texas Star amp... But will leave a class "c" Davemade or Xforce on?

the saturn turbo 2000 is the prize there .the rest of the stuff is pretty common .
i have never seen one .thanks for sharing .

you could use the diagram from the saturn 1000 or even the 600 and 800 .
i am pretty sure it will be the same but with more tubes .

Galaxy Schematic Section

Are those power supplies? If so, is some one selling those as well?
I am looking for a supply to run my Magnum 4000, which is a 40 amp rig!

OK, this is the pile I got, all 3 Macos work fine, 2.5 wt dk in 200 250 dk out, swing 620-670 peak out.
Four spare GE tubes (for maco) tested 100%
Astron in a 20amp, ant switcher, watt meter, stubby tram ant.

700.jpg

That 2000 is spoke for but IF it doesn't get picked up soon I get next shot.
Got a few pics for ya'll though, only one tube in it, sorry, didn't check the number.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

Last edited:
A maco 200 giving you a 200 to 250 watt dead key out and swinging to 600 watts?

No polite way to say this but I will try.

ONE tube maybe a 6LB6, driving three tubes 6LB6's

Maybe on a good day with a decent meter you might, might, might see 300 watts on PEP swing.

I use an Autek WM-1 true PEP reading watt meter, google it for specs if you like.

I also have a maco 200, rebuilt from the 120vac plug to the SO-239 RF out connector. New PS, new everything basically. All tubes tested above 90% on a tube tester.

I see with 12 watts SSB drive about 225 to 250 watts PEP output from the maco 200.

Of course if you over drive the SH*T out of the amplifier your meter may be picking up harmonics and displaying a false in-accurate reading.

Reactions: DainBramage
Tubes are 8950's (at least the spares are) two of his meters, one dosey, one swan, I have a 1k element coming for my bird was gonna double check anyway, I never have played with tube amps before but you gotta start somewhere, and the price was good.

Thanks for the input, like I said, new to tubes.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.