• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

amp lies

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
why do some say Dave made is the best box. yet many others say that davemade amps actually mean, "Dave lied". ?

Attachments

• ScarJo_popcorn.gif
    ScarJo_popcorn.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 358
I attribute it to some guys like Chevy, some like Dodge, and others have learned that Fords are best......
If you look at rated output for most amps compared to D/M they are always listed higher, but you got to compare apples to apples, what class are they running, what voltage are they running at and so on.
D/M used Ideas that other guys were not using at the time, and is most well known for building Amps aimed at Guys that were competing in Key downs.
You have to admit, his "style" of building amps has been copied by many, a lot of what is now described by most as " Competition Boxes " are Dave Made clones.

My 2 cents

Jeff

Reactions: Se7en
I like my texas stars but my 80-10 meter fully fitered mobile amplifer is built the way they should be built and will stay whithin the band your in and not splatter everyone 10 channels uo and 0 channels down.

I suppose quality amplifiers are a thing of the past when you can buy a volted to p!$$ class C that will do double the power for the same price so its all about the watts watts watts for the money that is such the attention grabber to most and its no longer a respect thing or a matter of how it sounds.

I also imagine making a nice filtered amplifier would cost a few more dollars then the average CB operator wants to spend. If its made to take all the audio one can feed it than shes a keeper nowdays.

When considering splatter, it's not important whether they can hear you 10 channels away, it's whether they can understand you 10 channels away...

I like my texas stars but my 80-10 meter fully fitered mobile amplifer is built the way they should be built and will stay whithin the band your in and not splatter everyone 10 channels uo and 0 channels down.

I suppose quality amplifiers are a thing of the past when you can buy a volted to p!$$ class C that will do double the power for the same price so its all about the watts watts watts for the money that is such the attention grabber to most and its no longer a respect thing or a matter of how it sounds.

I also imagine making a nice filtered amplifier would cost a few more dollars then the average CB operator wants to spend. If its made to take all the audio one can feed it than shes a keeper nowdays.

after finding out for myself that 500 watts didn't contact anyone on dx that 200 watts didn't . and that there was only a trivial difference 60ish miles away . i just dont understand sacrificing signal quality and annoying neighbors and other operators multiple channels away with distortion , bleed-over and splatter just to see the meter swing farther to the right .

those AB/filtered 2x2879 galaxy amps switch kit had a few times were nice little CB amps . would be nice if messenger was still making their AB/filtered amps .

Heres the best part when I speak of my 80-10 meters amplifer ITS A PALOMAR TX5200 it has 4 x 2SC2290 transistors in it. I run it with a lower drive and it will pep around 250-300 watts and thats plenty and if you can get the job done with that and it being clean to boot then a person will never be satisfied with anything.;)

after finding out for myself that 500 watts didn't contact anyone on dx that 200 watts didn't . and that there was only a trivial difference 60ish miles away . i just dont understand sacrificing signal quality and annoying neighbors and other operators multiple channels away with distortion , bleed-over and splatter just to see the meter swing farther to the right .

those AB/filtered 2x2879 galaxy amps switch kit had a few times were nice little CB amps . would be nice if messenger was still making their AB/filtered amps .

It's all about big egos and little brains Booty. They don't give a shit about anything or anyone but themselves and they don't have enough brains to know the real difference between 500 clean watts and 1000 dirty watts.

Oh now you are getting close to insulting all of the fine fellows on the bowl with their 40 channel splatter boxes there Captain. :D

From the incoherent rantings and jibberish along with the splatter I hear on the bowl I stand by my remarks about the mental faculties and simply call'um as I see'um. IMHO the Super Bowl should be called the Toilet Bowl. :D

From the incoherent rantings and jibberish along with the splatter I hear on the bowl I stand by my remarks about the mental faculties and simply call'um as I see'um. IMHO the Super Bowl should be called the Toilet Bowl. :D

If you need a good laugh download paltalk and go into the ethnics room section and go to Ministas House of Super Bowl Bosses, the stuff that passes for knowledge and or technical rantings is to experienced.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned