• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

amp lies

From the incoherent rantings and jibberish along with the splatter I hear on the bowl I stand by my remarks about the mental faculties and simply call'um as I see'um. IMHO the Super Bowl should be called the Toilet Bowl. :D
haha that just made by day! i enjoy listening to the ppl of da bowl on a daily bases. whats cool is if its really banging go to 21mhz FM and u can hear them talking, go to ssb and somewhere u can hear all there wonderful harmonics

LMAO!!! I was just thinking if an amplifier that splatters enough that you can hear it like this sells like hotcakes and is the ULTIMATE in amplifiers Im thinking I could hire a few people and just start building amplifiers. They will be known as ....are you ready?? THE BLEEDERS, BAND HOG, BAND CRASHER, BANDAID BLEEDER 1KW (y)

Ive had them all my worst experiences were every dodge we had was an omen to say the least BUT that was just our experience. We have had ford aswell but for some reason always have or end up with chevy but then again we have had good luck with them. They all break it doesnt matter who makes them when you get a good one its a good one and same goes for bad ones their just plain bad or terrible it does not matter who makes them.

They all break it doesnt matter who makes them
^^ That's the truth.

I have somewhere around 1m miles on three 4x4 quad-cab Dodge/Cummins starting in '99 with my first one. I sold the '99 to a friend who still has it and I still have the last two, so I'm kinda partial.

We also have a 1/2 ton 2x4 x-cab short bed Chevy that's been pretty good to us, so I can't complain about it either really.

YUPP EXACTLY!! We all stick with what has worked best for us goes for anything radios amplifiers ETC. Everyone says what they run is the best because well its theirs and obviously is hassle free.

I would only give a not so good opinion on something that an known idiot drunk or drug atict has his hands in. I also will tell people right out if I had not owned a partculat item but I may have known several who have and they all gave $h!+ feedback and each person can take it for what its worth.

In the end people are going to do what they want to reguardless sometimes it proves on the positive side and sometimes you can kick yourself in the @$$ and say yupp they were right but you take that gamble if you proceed and can only be mad at yourself in the end. Nobody made yopu buy this or that they simply gave their opinion or thought and its the purchasers decision in the end..

I know this because yes Ive been there and had both results happen in the end we live and learn and can only give one another what we know and what we have heard or been told it all helps in the end with the decision s we end up making.

Same goes for mods and repairs I wont guarantee anyone anything but will merely give my experiences of what did and didnt work because without knowing all the facts you cannot guarantee anyone anything which is why alot of shops of any sort are not always a great help over the phone.

Alot of people get mad and say " what they cant help me!!?? bull$h!+ when in reality I know from experience with radio mods and repairs and more so with comuter repairs its almost impossible and a waste of time helping someone over the phone without seeing the problem with your own eyes or dealing with someone with absolutely no knowlrdge on what there doing or looking at. It all starts with basics and climbs from there.

Funny thing is as far as amplifiers you look at most of them class C or AB1 and there damn near all identical and operate under the same principles. If a manufacture or builder takes his or her time and quality is truly what they want to offer their customers then thats the product or service you get.

Some guy or girl sitting in their basement,garage or mobile home working or building while hammerin down a bottle of grandpas secret bottle of 190 proof home remedy pain killer / cough medicine is most likely not going to be the creme of the crop productivity or workmanship thats just obvious.

...and here I am believing that it's the radio being opened to the bejeebus as the cause of splatter. Trash into an amp equals trash outta an amp. I've run DM transistor boxes in the house and never caused a single problem, of course I run 85% modulation. I have a 29 LTD Classic that Dave himself installed a variable and put the mod @ 85% and I don't care which amp I put on the table be it sweep tubes or pills I never splatter and I only broadcast on the channel I'm on.
It's those "golden screwdrivers" who open a 29 and spread the coil so it looks like a straight line and defeat limiters etc and make the radio a splatter machine and that example can also be used for other radios, Grants, 148's, 2000's, etc., etc., that in the end have folks blaming the overdriven linear as the prime culpret for all kinds of nuisances.

3's

You are correct SmackDown. We have just focused on the trashy amps and forgot the crappy radios that are used to overdrive them.

Garbage in=Garbage out.

Excellent point.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned