• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amp or Export?

My personal recommendation would be a Magnum 257HP. Small/compact, drift-free performance, all modes, variable power, and will give you 60-65W SSB with no fuss all day. Have it properly tuned by a good tech, set it and talk on it! The only thing I'd do is remove the speech compressor, as it tends to make the audio a bit "muddy" if you really get into it. I removed it on mine and it made my audio smoother.

Galaxy and Connex radios are known for drift problems, I'd stay away from them since you're planning on running mobile where you'll have warm/cold environments. Good luck!

~Cheers~

What is the CLEANEST, easiest, most efficient way to push 60+ watts from a mobile? AMP or EXPORT? Good amp or Export recomendations?

^^ ab v c^^ 22racer

RCI2950dx, and or a Uniden chasis like the lincoln or Hr2600 with a Texas Star 350 or 500. Excellent combination if you would like to use an external amplifier. A good match with excellent stability.

Or a Galaxy 93t without an amplifier, but as it was posted earlier they tend to drift a bit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.