• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

amp pictures i found on the net

thats a zman amp .he posts pictures of all his builds.says he been building them that way for years .
you guys tore him up last time his pictures showed up here.he joined to defend his work,then he left in a hurry.

this forum is pretty tollerant IMO . i say this both from observation AND experience .

im a cb'er too . i think (lol) ive decided to go to some porkbutt meeting/clubs around here and work on a entry ticket later this summer , but thats neither here nor there .

some of these guys may have personally been around since befor cb . theres no chicken or the egg drama here , ham radio was around befor cb . some cbers may become hams , but there would be NO cb'ers if it wernt for the hams long befor them .

as well as our radios and amps seem to work on our lil section of the bands , we apparently are only tasting the tip of the iceberg of what is possible with RF communications . the hams/amateurs have much higher system requirements and more modes of communication than we do . btw ..... us cb'ers are not the pros , but some of the folks on this forum do work in the professional communications field .

if you look at QRN's thread everything he said is absolutely true . and he was speaking in "general" terms .
but being a ham is certianly not a definate sign of technical intelligence . youre a ham and youre defending that piece of gator crap amp .............

Very well stated answer Booty Monster, and pretty much the way things are here at WWRF.
I haven't keyed up a CB in well over 25 years now, and been a ham since 1988. I know where I come from, and have never forgotten it, but some things are what they are, I accept that, and so should all others. Take all that is said here with a grain of salt, taking offense to any of it does no one any good......

Latest Z build 4-pill

user273_pic265_1247753695.jpg

user273_pic264_1247753695.jpg

get one while you can,looks like he might be losing customers

Looks like its been soldered with a spray gun,dearie f@cking me. :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

I have mixed feelings about stuff like this. On one hand, I like seeing someone building something on thier own. I imagine that if I built something like this to the best of my ability, then I would feel some pride that I did it and it worked. I probably wouldn't feel so great if someone was ripping apart something that was the best I could do. On the other hand, I would also compare my work to others and determine whether or not my work was good enough to reproduce the same product over and over to sell to others. If what is pictured is the best that I was capable of and I was honest with myself I don't think I could bring myself to sell that. I guess that's my biggest issue with this - somebody is paying for that. When you decide to sell your product you open yourself up for all types of criticism and you better have a thick skin.

Makes perfect sense. Everyone starts somewhere, and we can't all get it perfect the first shot. If that was the case here, I too would have an issue with dragging it in the mud. However we all know it isn't. This guy in particular is bad bad news, and he pawns this garbage off on people for money. The other side of the coin there is. Buyer beware. Even a novice at any hobby should be able to see craftsmanship, or a severe lack thereof. I hate that this idiot is selling this garbage. Fact is though people for some reason buy the crap, and some even sing the praises of Zman. I feel bad if someone gets ripped by the idiot, but i feel worse for the few poor goons who think its the greatest thing they've ever seen.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the style of tuning this guy is using??? I know most amps are just copy cats, but I never seen the use of double decker trimmer caps...lol Maybe they work 2000 times better than they look?!? But seriously, he should at least practice on his soldering skills before selling an amp. That thing looks worse than one of my prototypes.

You can tell he tried just using the one trimmer, but apparently it didn't have enough capacitance, so he added another in series.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.