• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amplifier for SSB

The Autek wm1 is an awesome meter, no longer made, they pop up on ebay from time to time. I have purchased 3 of them over the years, all used. Cost way less than a bird and just as accurate.

The Autek wm1 is an awesome meter, no longer made, they pop up on ebay from time to time. I have purchased 3 of them over the years, all used. Cost way less than a bird and just as accurate.

Yes, they were nice meters in their day, but whichever meter he decides to purchase, he needs to get it prior to "plug and play" or else he may damage a new amp.

There’s no idiot diagram for this thing. The right switch is 4 AM or single sideband the middle switch for the preamp?View attachment 63951
Just follow the horizontal white line to the end, that is the On/Off rocker switch for the amp only. The red light will come on.
The rocker switch on the left is the preamp. The preamp can be used with the amp off as indicated in the instruction sheet. When the preamp is on and the amp is off, the green light will be on. When the preamp and amp are ON, the light will be yellow.
Got it?

Reactions: Radiomatrix
Just follow the horizontal white line to the end, that is the On/Off rocker switch for the amp only. The red light will come on.
The rocker switch on the left is the preamp. The preamp can be used with the amp off as indicated in the instruction sheet. When the preamp is on and the amp is off, the green light will be on. When the preamp and amp are ON, the light will be yellow.
Got it?
I couldn’t find those specific instructions in English and Perhaps it is stated in Italian.

Attachments

• IMG_6714.jpeg
    IMG_6714.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6713.jpeg
    IMG_6713.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6715.jpeg
    IMG_6715.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
Ye, that site has a lot of meters. I want one that can remain in line.
Yeah I have 3 dosy meters and leave them in line. I have the one with the antenna switch with 4 positions and then bought the TFC-3001 because it reads frequency and then found out it didn't read SSB frequency so I bought the TFC-3001-S because I wanted to be able to check SSB radios. Dosy is OK for the average radio operator but I wouldn't want to get into radio repair with that grade of equipment. My first one was checked with a local shop and calibrated with his Bird Meter and has been sufficient for my use. All 3 of mine are in-line at different locations as I type and surprising the TFC-3001-S frequency reading agrees with all my Good Talking radios. Hope that helps you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.