• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

An email I got...

The DB

Aug 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So I get this email from someone I have never met...

My name is Lillian Bishop. I have been diagnosed for cancer for few years ago immediately after the death of my husband who left me everything he had worked for. I have been touched by God to donate from what I have inherited from my late husband to you for the good work of God rather than allow my greedy relatives to use my husband's hard earned funds in ungodly way.Please reach my lawyer with the specified email: ******** My husband property has been sold and the funds have been deposited in a Bank. My Lawyer will give you directives on how the funds should be willed to you. Right now, i have been cautioned not to receive calls while my doctor is aware of change of will. Email my lawyer today - this transaction is urgent.

Red flags going off in my head the whole way through reading it, especially when I saw the part below the message itself...

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

Thank you.

Another thing I just noticed, not only is my name not in the To: field, no ones name is.... There is no CC: field, this had to have been sent to me using BCC:. Blind Carbon Copy, a way to send a copy of an email to someone without letting others know you sent it to that person. Why would they need to use BCC: to send me an email like this? If I am the only recipient why does my name/email address need to be hidden?

The DB

youre not the only one that miss lillian wrote to

i used to actually take time to reply to these guys. it is so funny the lengths that they will go to trying to get a western union from you.
there are lots of people that reply to these guys over at 419eater, some of the letters are hillarious

you should reply to the mkhoward email and have some fun :D

Yep. I got one too the other day. I can smell a scam easily. Used to have people contact me on MySpace and then want me to go on Yahoo instant messenger. Had a lot of scammers from Ghana,Africa.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.