• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

And we think the trash talkers are bad

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State

I find this story interesting to the point, where he is charged by local authorities, and nothing is said about the FCC involvement.
There were rules changed governing this a few years back that allows locals to have FCC enforcement powers.
These extended local powers were to control interference coming from multiple complaints. (Both CB/Amateur Radio)
I also found it interesting the operators callsign was never identified, nor the frequencies being used to send these malicious reports.
The "reports" by "other" operators used to file these charges I find interesting also.

All the Best
Gary

He was not charged with radio related offences.

"
Wagner is being charged with 11 first-degree misdemeanor counts of bomb threats and terroristic threats.
"
There was a guy in the late 1990's that got ripped off for a CB radio online.
He sent a pipe bomb to the guy that ripped him off.
Killed 1 and severely injured another person.
People are nuts.

Jeff

I find this story interesting to the point, where he is charged by local authorities, and nothing is said about the FCC involvement.
There were rules changed governing this a few years back that allows locals to have FCC enforcement powers.
These extended local powers were to control interference coming from multiple complaints. (Both CB/Amateur Radio)
I also found it interesting the operators callsign was never identified, nor the frequencies being used to send these malicious reports.
The "reports" by "other" operators used to file these charges I find interesting also.

All the Best
Gary

Unfortunately, any time an amateur radio is used to commit a crime, the offender is labelled an amateur radio operator whether he is licensed or not. It happens because reporters do not know the difference nor do they really care.

Why would someone waste their time putting that on Craigslist?

Lack of something in life maybe?

A local pissed off by something on the radio and decided he would " put the fear of God in them" ?

It's really funny because if they were investigating the last thing they would do is post on craigslist about it.
That looks like a lame scare tactic.

Jeff

Hahahaha
That's some funny bullshit right there!
Like the FCC is going to post notices on Craigslist, bahahahahah.
That's as good as the story's about DOT confiscating radios and amps at the scale house and running over them.
Too much!

Jeff
In my early years of trucking I was told not to use radios that are not accepted as a lawful cb radio. I was told that DOT check stations or roadside inspections would look for the known Galaxy, Ranger, Connex etc radios and at first I thought there might be truth to it.
Been driving for about 23 years now and NEVER at either a chicken coop or roadside has anyone ever looked at or asked about my radio.
Not sure where that idea started or if at some point in time it may have been so, but today I call B.S.

This ad is showing up in several New York Craigslist sites for several areas.

Odd....

Maybe some kind of scare tactic from someone who got their feelers hurt.....

i heard that cant have extra channel bs in a truck.
1 day for shits n giggles i asked a dot officer about that, his reply was YOU OWN IT ITS YOURS then started laughin n showed me his same as my galaxy 99v. said he shot skip lots .
that removing radios is bogus,however back in the early 70s i seen a cop yank a guys radio out cause he disclosed his position. that guy got hold of the cops superior n got a new radio at the officers cost and the officer got a full month suspension.
its not illegal to own an import multi band radio but illegal to operate out of fcc approval depending on the radio. im very sure we dont operate out of legal areas ? do we ? uhh i think .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.