• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anderson connectors for the amp

I went the Mack route and it worked out well, I applied flux lightly to the wires beforehand....
I suck at soldering and it worked for me...nice to know that the tips remain in good condition.

I recently picked up some jumper cables for momma's car, and it has a pair of Anderson connectors in the halfway point, nice to make the connection without your face over the battery post's.

I've done 30 or so pairs and have removed some and when chopped cross wise with bolt cutters they are completely saturated.

Not my first rodeo there cowboy.

You got that shot Mack thats how I do them vice em, heat them up fill 3/4 way up with solder stick that sucker in there and they are good to go.

How bout educating this old man? all my connectors have like a off white plastic inside each connector and makes the hole smaller? tell me hnow to use my iron with these connectors that have somethinginside? only have two with just a bare metal hole which allows me to use a normal crimper? where can i just buy the connetors which alloow me to use a norma crimp tool? thanks and would like to buy some
sonny

I've wanted to use these for ever but couldn't justify
the crazy cost of them.
I went to auto zone the other day to see how much they
were getting and was floored by the price!
As I was returning home the light suddenly came on.
Hey what about forklifts? I asked myself- electric forklifts use these
very same connectors.
I went by a local forklift dealer here in town and they had boxes
Of 175 amp connectors for $6.00 each!
I bought four of em.
They have smaller sizes and even diffrent colors.

Hope this saves someone a few bucks.

And also-always tin your wire, it only takes a second to have
100% contact.

Thanks.

Reactions: 3 people
You can get the red Anderson one's very reasonable on E-Bay. They are excellent. Like Mack said earlier, the metal slots snap out of the red piece, put it in a vice grip or vice, heat it up with the torch and melt some solder in there. Then take your wire and dunk them in and walla........let it cool and your done.

The Anderson quick-disconnect is the only way to go for amplifiers or higher powered radio's. Makes it a snap to install or un-install.

I have 2 feet of #8 wire with a red disconnect on one end and lugs on the other. I have the lug side on my Astron 35m and this way I can swap out any of my amplifiers or large radio's with ease.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.