• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Announcing the W9WDX Worldwidedx.com Amateur Radio Club

I was a ham in the `60s, but I don't currently have a ticket. Can I still join without a call :confused:sign?
Does Amateur certification expire in the U.S.?

Up here, once you have your certificate, you're good for life. In the past, you got a "Certificate of Proficiency in Radio", specific to your license class. That certificate was good for life, but you had to pay a yearly fee for the station license. Now, your Certificate IS also your station license, no fee and is also good for life. Any addition call-signs cost $60. each.

Does Amateur certification expire in the U.S.?

Up here, once you have your certificate, you're good for life. In the past, you got a "Certificate of Proficiency in Radio", specific to your license class. That certificate was good for life, but you had to pay a yearly fee for the station license. Now, your Certificate IS also your station license, no fee and is also good for life. Any addition call-signs cost $60. each.

In the U.S. it expires every 10 years. You don't have to retest if you renew before your license expires and it doesn't cost anything to renew.

I'm not sure if my application went through or not. I'm on my iPad, but have not received any confirmation yet. I'll wait until tomorrow before resubmitting, if necessary. I think this club is an awesome idea!

Anyone who has signed up in April please note we are having a little problem with the App Process.
I have let Tim Know and we'll work on it.
One of us will post here to let you guys know when it is working properly.

Jeff

Problem is fixed. We'll contact those who signed up and their info came through scrambled to resign up.

I have never given any serious thought to joining any amateur radio club/group as in most all cases it has been a bad experience.

Since I have been a member of this forum I have to say that it has been overall a good run with good people that are more than happy to share their knowlage with others that share the hobby....

For that reason I have quickly decided to throw my app into the mix,I really have the feeling this will be a good move for me.....

(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated