• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another "callsign change" request

K5ARK

Just another hamhead
Jan 16, 2009
North Central AR
electricgrillbbq.com
Mods,

Yet another callsign (username) change request, if you please. Checked ULS today and my new vanity call has been OK'd, and I am also showing up in qrz.com database (they already did away with KC2JMG!)

Any chance one of you fine fellas can change my username to my new vanity call: K5ARK

Muchos gracias! (y)

I been thinking about a Vanity but kinda like my call my wife hates hers but its easy to remember as so are my kids callsigns I sometimes think of pretty cool calls who knows maybe oneday Ill get the hot spark to do it.

The funny thing is, there's at least two services (run by hams) on the web, who will 'do all the work for you" in applying for a vanity call. But it's not that hard to do on the FCC website (of course you first have to FIND the correct webpage) if you already have a FCC Registration Number (FRN). So I paid the $12.50, and get a chuckle out of the services offered on the web for $35 to do the same thing.
I thought this call was a nice touch. :cool: Besides the obvious abbreviation for the state name, kinda reminds me of Noah's ark.
My original call was neat (KC2 Jolly Mean Giant), which I got in upstate NY, but I thought the callsign number should match the area (call me old fashioned).
Now I have to go do my General test sometime... the VE's told me to do it the same evening I took the Tech test (since I aced the Tech, and they told me the General was "easy too"... their words, not mine! ;)) but I didn't have the extra time to sit thru another test session... wish I would have.

Now as a footnote, the last holder of this vanity call was a ham club at a school in Little Rock... so, we can conclude that youngsters are more interested in surfing the web and texting, than ham radio, since they let that license expire and never bothered to renew it. :sad:

The funny thing is, there's at least two services (run by hams) on the web, who will 'do all the work for you" in applying for a vanity call. But it's not that hard to do on the FCC website (of course you first have to FIND the correct webpage) if you already have a FCC Registration Number (FRN). So I paid the $12.50, and get a chuckle out of the services offered on the web for $35 to do the same thing.
I thought this call was a nice touch. :cool: Besides the obvious abbreviation for the state name, kinda reminds me of Noah's ark.
My original call was neat (KC2 Jolly Mean Giant), which I got in upstate NY, but I thought the callsign number should match the area (call me old fashioned).
Now I have to go do my General test sometime... the VE's told me to do it the same evening I took the Tech test (since I aced the Tech, and they told me the General was "easy too"... their words, not mine! ;)) but I didn't have the extra time to sit thru another test session... wish I would have.

Now as a footnote, the last holder of this vanity call was a ham club at a school in Little Rock... so, we can conclude that youngsters are more interested in surfing the web and texting, than ham radio, since they let that license expire and never bothered to renew it. :sad:

Do you have a link to the correct webpage?

I did the process myself, but used a webpage which looks for available callsigns that you might be interested in.
I ended up with N3USA in which the last letters refer to my last and first names.
The whole process was very simple and just the wait to see if it was granted. I got my callsign granted exactly one day it became available after the two year expiration from the previous holder.

I did the process myself, but used a webpage which looks for available callsigns that you might be interested in.
I ended up with N3USA in which the last letters refer to my last and first names.
The whole process was very simple and just the wait to see if it was granted. I got my callsign granted exactly one day it became available after the two year expiration from the previous holder.

Is that the QRZ page?

No, it its radio QTH.
Browse around it, it has listings of expired callsigns with a release date, so you can time your application. It also tracks your application and tells you what your odds are of getting it, and if another applicant has other options that he / she would go first for.
pretty neat. Here is the link.

RadioQTH Amateur Radio Vanity License Search

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.