• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another FM Radio

Has anyone besides me tried the Thomas FCC yet? Receive seems kinda noisy, and the filters don't seem to do a whole lot.

• Wow
Reactions: Rwb
I picked up a President Andy just as a small am travel radio to throw in family's cars for road trips.
NB seems to reduce engine noise well.
Rx is good for what I use it for.

Jeff

I don't have any ignition noise, which is nice. I do notice my class D (Audio) amp in the trunk does interfere with it. I think I need to upgrade my line level cables going from the head unit to the amp. Power is on the opposite side of the car from the coax/line level cables. But, I'm still running a wilson 500 on the trunk, which is grounded with a 1" wide ground strap. I ordered some NMO mounts, going to drill a hole in the trunk soon. Not a fan of magnetic antennas except for temporary use. Already have an NMO in the roof for my 2m/70cm antenna for my FT7800. No more room in the roof for another antenna. (Damn sunroof.)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.