• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another GoodWill find

w9cll

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jan 19, 2013
Chicago, IL
www.flickr.com
4e7b16e7-757b-43b3-859b-ad2a3e105a04mark_12272.jpg

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/136368246

Prices get almost as high as eBay. I recently watched a ameritron solid state amp and Mfj manual antenna tuner along with an old shure desk microphone. Sell for almost $800 dollars plus shipping. If it all works perfectly that I guess that’s not a bad deal. But spending big bucks on goodwill is taking a huge risk. It’s a flip of the coin if it works properly or not. I feel like sometimes there are some very disappointed people out there when they plug in there $300 dollar goodwill radio they just got in the mail, and all it does is pop the fuse in there power cord.

I have only bought a radio related product from Goodwill online one time and never again. I needed a power supply for one of my amps. Bought it for around 60$ for a regulated 20 amp supply. Those people put that amp in a box 2 1/2 times it's size with only 3 flat pieces of paper. Didn't work out

Thinking about dropping my Browning off at the local outlet. It’s just a mile down the road. I think a lot of CB’ers shop there. One lucky one will make the find of a lifetime. :giggle:

Thinking about dropping my Browning off at the local outlet. It’s just a mile down the road. I think a lot of CB’ers shop there. One lucky one will make the find of a lifetime. :giggle:
If I were closer to you I'd be all over it but it's hard to make the time for traveling 3.5 hrs one way.

Is it one of the consignment joints?

If I were closer to you I'd be all over it but it's hard to make the time for traveling 3.5 hrs one way.

Is it one of the consignment joints?

I don’t think they do consignments. I believe they only sell donated items. Will let you know if I decide to donate it to them. :giggle:

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.