• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another HR2510 problem

Crasher

Apr 25, 2012
Norwalk, OH
Picked up a HR2510, display lights, all controls work. However very low RX an no TX, close stations can barely be understood. I attempted to do an alignment, but couldn't get PLL aligned. Voltages at IC312,311 are in check. Voltage at voltage regulator is correct per specs. Anyone know where I could look?

You did remember to change the frequency to the correct one in the service manual when aligning the PLL? I forgot to when I did one and left it on 28.000 MHz you did the first two steps on and couldn't get the voltage correct at all and then when I realised my mistake and changed it to 29.6999 it all aligned up just fine.

if it is not bad look at the others in the circuit. just happen to remember my lincoln did this years ago and drove me nuts trying to find what was wrong. it had very low receive and no TX. had to go out and hunt my notes down on this. have a few others items I checked back then to find this cap bad.

So I spent about 3 hours on the radio last night, PLL is aligned perfect until I hit a snag at, since it won't tx I couldn't align the last part of the PLL alignment. The TX icon shows up in the display, just nothing happens. I hear static in RX but that is all. Still no RX or TX...

check C60 and see if it is bad. had a lincoln a few years ago with same problem and that was bad. same radio.
I have a 2510 on the bench right now. Exact same problem. Low RX. No TX output but up front it looks good. Have not got around to check alignments but checking voltages on the output PA section and all looks good. I was going to pull the MRF477 but I'll take a quick look a c60 first.

check to see if IC107 is getting hot if so it could be bad or C149 could be. check to see if the voltage at IC107 is right.
also check C75

Don't laugh. I had one today the receive was terrible and distorted. Checked diodes and transistors in the receive section and all were good. Changed the 10V caps same problem. Turned out to be a bad speaker

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.