1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Another new President....why no SSB?

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Chevboy0167, May 6, 2018.

1. Chevboy0167

Chevboy0167 Active Member

2. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Wow.. so ugly and so useless.

Johnno, sp5it and codeman like this.
  3. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

4. Yeti Communications Ltd

Yeti Communications Ltd Well-Known Member

trying not to laugh.
    ok i will be the first to say it..what a d#ck!

Johnno and undertaker like this.
  5. psycho

psycho Running a special on our rooms!

President Richard who?

6. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

Well, I have seen Uniden do better, some issues but at least it looks workable and clean but that chassis may be made for fine-thin fingered people more than myself.

Richard.jpg

Can it be sold in USA?

Regards!
    :+> Andy <+:

7. Onelasttime

Onelasttime Well-Known Member

Well they already have the McKinely and lets face it most people do not talk on SSB it is too complicated for them or something. Why anyone would want to talk on AM so much is crazy to me! Echo is a huge turn off. When they build it into a radio it is just a sign of selling out which is what large corporations do best. Not like they care if they turn out really great product or less than great products as long as they turn a profit on it all is good!

8. Mustang 131

Mustang 131 Well-Known Member

They build the radios that people will buy. So somewhere is a excel spread sheet and pie chart in telling them to build this. They ain't building this thing for me either. Never use FM, and rarely do anything out of the 40 channels. You ain't happy with it..don't buy it. You can build any radio you want..or have someone just custom build one to your own specs!
    I am actually pretty amazed President is building so many new designs. I give them props, CB is a pretty small market. Waiting to see some SDR designs when they come out.

undertaker likes this.
  9. Onelasttime

Onelasttime Well-Known Member

Until I got a great deal on a NOS Yeti Otima MKIII for the price of a used Cobra 148 GTL my newest radio was a 1998 President Lincoln that I bought around the same time as my first son was born! Most of my radio's are late 1970's early 1980's and all but two are SSB rigs. Likewise all but 2 are actual CB radio's not Black box radio's. None of my CB's have channel mods. So I do vote with my wallet by not buying modern radio's until the industry builds something I would actual want to own.

In the case of the Yeti Optima MKIII the second I learned it offered continuous tuning and a tighter selectable notch filter I had to have one. Getting an unused NOS unit for the price of a Uniden Grant or Cobra 148 GTL was great. Plus it had free shipping. Shipping from NZ was $65 back when Yeti.com had these for sale.These units use terrible material for the knobs and the plastic bits so any use at all shows up really easy and quickly with any sort of regular use. I have seen some that where only 3 month old that looked like a puppy was chewing on the knobs. The terrible face plate materials and the insane shipping is what always kept me from buying one not the price of the unit itself. It is crimnal to charge $65 to ship such a tiny radio.

Well I do not know anyone that actually owns and uses a President McKinley Radio on SSB. How many people on this site own a modern President radio I wonder?