• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another one bites the dust

greedy S.O.B.'S
Yep. I don't know if they even go to Dayton. They didn't used to. In fact for the first few years that they sold a bit of ham radio gear, they were "too good" to even go to the Huntsville Hamfest, right in their own town. HRO has never missed a Huntsville Hamfest that I'm aware of, even though their nearest store is in Atlanta.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
BTW it's not my intent to disparage. Just telling it like it is. The comment about them not being a real radio store and being primarily a computer store is actually what they told me, when I asked why they weren't doing the hamfest circuit.

Reactions: Rwb
Sad to see Universal go but not unexpected. I have gotten some shortwave stuff from them and their website has always been a great reference tool.

I know they have mixed reviews but I have always had good luck with HRO. The few times ive wanted something TODAY I was able to call NH and blast up there to get it. Maybe just home field advantaged why I default to them over Universal or DX. Can't say I have ever head I problem when any of them.

Never used giga

Reactions: Rwb and WECSOG
I will echo what has already been said.. I do like the Universal web sight for reading up on older models. This is helpful at times. I have ordered a couple things from Giga in the past.. but heaven forbid you have a question because the operator on the other ends is only there to sell you something. I have always had good luck with R&L. Smaller operation, good prices and helpful if you have questions.

Look Up K3LR...and also own SUMMIT RACING

K3LR Multi / Multi Homepage

slim chance i give dx anymore of my $$$.
To me they are a big box store who as soon as sale is completed act like get the fugg outta here unless you buy more.last time i bought i didnt even get a thank you.
Buy from universal n they would give you tips about what you purchased n thank you for your buisness several times

Reactions: WECSOG
RWB: You seem to have issues with just about everyone...Hmmm.
(maybe a mirror issue)

I have made several purchases from DXE...small and large...
I have ALWAYS received a "personal" Email from Tim (owner) in regards to my purchase.
These also contain a link to respond to if there were issues.
They seem to be one of the fastest "shipper's" in the Biz.
I have ordered merchandise in early part of morning...The next day...I have my order.(y)
I have and will continue to recommend them and R&L Electronics to all.
All the Best
Gary

RWB: You seem to have issues with just about everyone...Hmmm.
(maybe a mirror issue)

I have made several purchases from DXE...small and large...
I have ALWAYS received a "personal" Email from Tim (owner) in regards to my purchase.
These also contain a link to respond to if there were issues.
They seem to be one of the fastest "shipper's" in the Biz.
I have ordered merchandise in early part of morning...The next day...I have my order.(y)
I have and will continue to recommend them and R&L Electronics to all.
All the Best
Gary
no i dont,universal,r&l n most others are ok.
Only 2 i got problems with. But hey if somebody feels like its not good dealing it should be reported for others to think over.
If its a never post truth just speak good only thats misleading to others. But thats my opinion

I really like R&L electronics, I have bought an antenna from them. I think they have fair prices, and I like the fact that they are a smaller company.

Bummer

I've been going there since 1973. Their last move made my drive 30 minutes longer. Store is way smaller than the last. I could order in the morning and get next day. R&L will pick up the slack, hopefully.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.