• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another project in the works

cwk

May 15, 2012
South Central Pa.
I've had this radio for well over 20 years now and just dug it out. It powers up but I swiped the plug to give to a friend of mine. It's built like a tank. Im going work on cleaning it up and see what it does. The Supsrscope company has quite a history and product line. I believe this was built in conjunction with the Marantz company.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 47

Built pretty damn good though.
The front looks alittle better now. I'll freshen up the T's and I's later. I just shot the upper an lower covers in white as a base. They look little unsightly at the moment but some sanding and prepping is in order

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
Looks good man. Hope your friend appreciates it!! Keep up the good work and get that radio back on air.

Reactions: cwk
Looks good man. Hope your friend appreciates it!! Keep up the good work and get that radio back on air.
Oh it's my radio. I just took the mike plug off for a bud that needed one. Just got done the covers as far as paint goes so when the finish dries I'll see about the rusty old screws. I very well might give it away to a local that could use one. It's all about the journey. I guess.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Good stuff.Nice to see common myth disproved once again and by that I mean soaking the radio in soapy water and still having it work. So many people think that means death to electronics but if it is thoroughly rinsed, preferably with distilled water, and then allowed to dry before applying power there is no issue.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
HaHaHa...Those were just the case and knobs. I do soak boards and ask anyone that works around marine radios they'll tell you the dame thing- do it right and it works like a charm. Just last week I had my 2600 open when someone said something funny. I spilled my coffee all over the board, ran it under the sink to clean it and let it dry overnight, No problem at all. Would have sucked if it was wired up and on though. Yeah, I clean boards that way sometimes.
Bill

Quick peek. I would have spent more time on it but I've been kinda busy with other things. I was thinking of wet sanding and hitting it with another coat and I might just do that later. BTW I have the plug end I need I just tied it into the Bass V-Amp pro through the 2600 for cheap laughs..

I was going to wire up an 8 pin socket for it and if anyone asked I'd tell them if they have a tablet it's for text to speech.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 12
Quick peek. I would have spent more time on it but I've been kinda busy with other things. I was thinking of wet sanding and hitting it with another coat and I might just do that later. BTW I have the plug end I need I just tied it into the Bass V-Amp pro through the 2600 for cheap laughs..

I was going to wire up an 8 pin socket for it and if anyone asked I'd tell them if they have a tablet it's for text to speech.

Well crap. I just got off the phone with a friend that owns the hobby shop where I got the paint, It seems as though Floquill no longer makes Tuscan red....bummer. If that color looks familiar it's because that was the color or the Pennsylvania Railroad. I might have another hook up though through the same guy..The screws were done in a Sea Blue. Hell, Im just killing time until my 820s parts ( weird value resistors) get here.

Bill

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.