• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another Question

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
Their was a cop that came over last night looking for someone :roll: . I was just wanting to know if i had enough power would i be able to bleed into his radio? Piss him off for no reason :LOL: How many watts would i need to bleed into his radio? Or is it even possible.

In some communities the police can enforce FCC reguations on power and frequency if they get an interference complaint. All it takes is a local law enabling the police to do this. Depnding on how the law is written, they may be authorized to sieze equipment.

Its verry possible to jack up Street lights,police bands,hospitals,garage doors,Stop lights etc...

Stay away from the hospitals,and keying up around police stations...you can get in BIG troubble for that!!!

Its cool to change stop lights...LMAO

Im talking a 2x6 driving into a 24 pill all 2879's...For power...
and the reflect under 2w with amps on and running...

THe 2 and 4 pill amps?? NAAAA that wont jack anything up...
Not enough RF....

AM POWER

AMPOWER said:
Its verry possible to jack up Street lights,police bands,hospitals,garage doors,Stop lights etc...

Stay away from the hospitals,and keying up around police stations...you can get in BIG troubble for that!!!

AM POWER

Hospitals. yes, exactly. We had the local hospital move into a new building abut 18 or so months ago. The hospital went bananas with wireless equipment of all sorts. The nurses and techs all have cell phones on a dedicated small cell repeater inside the hospital with its own frequency. There's wireless network computers that the docs and nursing staff use for their patient charts and record keeping. They have wireless portable patient monitors with EKG and the rest of the stuff like respiration that lets patients who can get out of bed do so and still be monitred.

Any of that stuff can be interfered with.. The hospital now has trouble with interference from normal cell phne users and there are signs asking people not to use the phones inside the hospital building. Their old building used to suffer from false fire alarms that they used to think was radio interference but they never solved the problem before they moved. The problem is that in all cases where fire alarms were going off, the hospital went into a "fire" mode. Doors shut, all security not asigned to other tasks were sent to the fire floor to fight the fire, elevators taken to the ground floor and halted, fire department notified, all movement inside the building halted.

Fire department's policy is that all serious life-hazard situations required a full second alarm response. That's 6 engine companies, 2 truck companies, rescue and paramedic units and minimum 20 firefighers on scene. There's LOTS of stuff in the hospital that is explosive or encourages burning, so that's wny the fre dept sends extra equipment. The hospital building now has it's own section for the fire dept to set up command posts and there's a small trunking repeater on the roof of that section that is turned on automatically when fire alarms go off.

So, it's a big deal for both the hospital and FD. I have been admitted twice to the new building and a lot of concern was made when I started playing with my radio. Medical engineering came to my room both times and we made sure the radio was not going to interfere with hospital equipment. I knew for sure it would not interfere cuz there's a wired ham station in the building for disaster use.and trunked comms.

You gotta keep in mind that your signal may very well be interfering with someone's life when you run a lot of power. I was running half a watt.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.