• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ant recommendations?

B

bobkat

I am just starting out in the Ham world and would like to set up a decent shack. I would like to run all bands (10,6,2,70 ect...) what would your recommend be for a decent ant.?

-thanks

How much room do you have?? You can go from a vertical to as much as a couple beams if you have the room...

To keep it simple if you are just starting out... Go with a couple Verticals to get you started... You can always expand from there.

I would go with a i-10k Antenna, Imax 2000 etc... for the 10 Meter band if you wanna stay with a vertical... Their a good Antenna and easily tunable ...

As far as the VHF bands... A Vertical or Small beam would be a good choice.

Hey there....
Welcome to the airwaves..

for radio keep it simple and effective..
Icom 706 MKIIG ..

as far as antenna goes...do you want vertical and or beams

might i suggest for vertical
Jay's I-10K 24-48 mhz tunable mono band vertical (Best Around)

if you want to get more bands with less antennas then for HF i would go with SteppIR BigIR vertical...
it is 32 ft tall and continuously ajusts itself to the frequency you are using and keeps you at a 1 to 1 SWR for 40 meters to 6 meters

i use a Comet GP-9 dual band vertical for 2 meter and 70cm for vertical..this also covers the MURS-FRS-GMRS channels

for beams i use gulf alpha antennas for 2 and 1.25 and 70cm
you may wish to use a Log Pierotical for not having as much space

hope that helps

Later

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.