• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Adapter??

KOBO

Wood Butcher
Greetings one and All..

I have a old magnetic mount antenna that I would like to use the base for testing other newer antennas, such a s a wilson 2000.

019617f7ca1292df441fd841c9f1da876g.jpg

Is there a adapter to convert this older mount so I can use it with a 3/8 thread antenna?

TIA

Have a Magical Day

K

I use a similar base, and run a Wilson 1000 or a Sirio/RM Z-180 most of the time w/xlnt results.

It might be easier to buy a mag mount with the 3/8 x 24 thread. Seen them @ Fry's Electronics for a song. The coax was crappy; I'd change it out to a better piece though...

Never seen a converter as you asked/described . . .

It might be easier to buy a mag mount with the 3/8 x 24 thread. Seen them @ Fry's Electronics for a song. The coax was crappy; I'd change it out to a better piece though....

Yeah, that is probrobly the direction I will be heading in, just wanted to see though if I could make use of something I have had around......for maybe the last 30 or so years:eek:

Never seen a converter as you asked/described . . .

Okey Dokey. thanks anyway.

Have a Magical Day

K

custom adapter

Greetings one and All..

I have a old magnetic mount antenna that I would like to use the base for testing other newer antennas, such a s a wilson 2000.

019617f7ca1292df441fd841c9f1da876g.jpg

Is there a adapter to convert this older mount so I can use it with a 3/8 thread antenna?

TIA

Have a Magical Day

K

Call Jerry Cash @ 330-896-3485 in Canton, Ohio- He has a machine shop, and builds an adapter for this situation. He also builds antennas and mounts.

I would like to know what that connector is called, and dont tell me it is a PL-259 or SO-239 because the polarity is reversed.

I know this is an old thread but since it has been revived, there is an excellent commercially available adapter called a Comet AD-35M SO-239 to 3/8X24 Adapter. I believe MFJ also has a version of this (MFJ-7710) that looks identical.

Sorry after looking again this appears to be the wrong gender.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.