• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

antenna analyzers, please advise.

phantom309

Aug 23, 2015
Looking to getting my tech ticket hopefully within a year. Also since I am an over the road trucker cb is still quite important to me.

That said I am in the market for an antenna analyzer that will cover my needs for 11 meters as well 10 meters and down to 2 meters.

Antenna analyzers are relatively new to me though I've been around them I have personally never used nor owned one. I mostly have been around the mfj model ones though don't recall the numbers (259 maybe?) Not sure what else is out there in the sub $500 range that I should be looking at.

I plan on using 10 meters once I get my ticket mostly because I am kinda familiar with that type of radio also i have been told I would enjoy 2 meter so I would probably get a second hand unit and check it out for awhile.

Thanks in advance.

MFJ-259C is what I would suggest that you purchase. I had the 259B for years and like it a lot. I now have an AA-30 from Rigexpert which does more but costs more as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robb
Thanks for the replies. I have done a bit of looking at thr rigexpert and honestly I am leaning towards it more. I like some of the features better, like the graphing for instance.

Thanks for the replies. I have done a bit of looking at thr rigexpert and honestly I am leaning towards it more. I like some of the features better, like the graphing for instance.
If you want vhf then you will need the aa-170 I think they call it. The graphing makes life easier as to what is happening.

FWIW I have been using the MFJ-269 for many years and am happy with it. Sure there are better units out there but for antenna measurements and cutting coax stubs etc it works for me.

Reactions: Beetle
I would offer up that you consider one of the Rigexpert models. They're a little more money, but offer some significant features that the MFJ line can't offer. I have one that covers VHF/UHF/HF and am very glad I sold my MFJ-259 to fund it.

Reactions: binrat

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.