• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna and lightning ?

I know it's not really funny, but I couldn't stop laughing .......... can you imagine what was going through his mind?

Just one big tazor hit.......I'm sure every part of his body hurt for weeks.

I still can't quit laughing just thinking about it ............. :LOL:

I don't know why it strikes me as being so funny except what HAS to be going through his mind! Talk about dazed and confused!

If I was that guy I would go out and buy some lottery tickets before his luck runs out. Not once but TWICE! Watching that reminded me of a scene in the movie "Gone Fishin' " with Danny Glover and Joe Pesci. Pesci says "But Gus I don't wanna get hit by lightning AGAIN. It hurts!"

The closest I have ever been was just entering a bridge on the highway just as lightning struck it. It blinded me for a minute and scared the crap out of me. :blink: That was the same night that I had the storm that took out my FM site that I mentioned in a post above.

Back when I was about 18 I was delivering pizzas and had a transformer on a light pole above my truck get hit as I was driving under it. Other than having burnt crap fall on top of my truck and having to change my pants all was O.K.:blush:

I just watched the video, my daughter came into the study because I was laughing so hard, after we watched it together she started getting on my case because the video was not funny. I had tears I was laughing so hard.

People with the umbrellas got nothing, that poor guy soiled his pants twice. It is not funny but I am still LMAO.

Thanks for the video

If I was that guy I would go out and buy some lottery tickets before his luck runs out. Not once but TWICE! Watching that reminded me of a scene in the movie "Gone Fishin' " with Danny Glover and Joe Pesci. Pesci says "But Gus I don't wanna get hit by lightning AGAIN. It hurts!"

The closest I have ever been was just entering a bridge on the highway just as lightning struck it. It blinded me for a minute and scared the crap out of me. :blink: That was the same night that I had the storm that took out my FM site that I mentioned in a post above.

You are probably a marked man...going around with the name of Captain Kilowatt, wrenching on commercial radio towers, Thor is bound to think you are trying to taunt him....

You are probably a marked man...going around with the name of Captain Kilowatt, wrenching on commercial radio towers, Thor is bound to think you are trying to taunt him....

51444700bHfTZP_ph.jpg

Interesting read, was thinking about using workman saturn b100 mounted ontop of tree or aluminum pool cage to use one of my rigs indoors.

Gonna have to take lightening issues seriously as I live in Florida, the lightening capital of USA.

Interesting read, was thinking about using workman saturn b100 mounted ontop of tree or aluminum pool cage to use one of my rigs indoors.

Gonna have to take lightening issues seriously as I live in Florida, the lightening capital of USA.

I use Alpha Delta suppressors on every coax line running into the house. They are mounted to a copper plate attached to an 8' ground rod inside a water proof box outside the house. If there's lightning around I disconnect my 2m vertical at the box. My HF coax runs go to an antenna switch about 50 ' from the house, I just disconnect those antennas at the coax switch.

I also unplug my power source in the shack in case a strike sends a charge through the power lines.

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/alf-att3g50uhp

I still can't quit laughing just thinking about it ............. :LOL:

I don't know why it strikes me as being so funny except what HAS to be going through his mind! Talk about dazed and confused!

You mean Tazed and Confused.

I live on a hill. I have had 2 strikes on trees in my yard this year. I don’t think lightning arresters and good grounding are enough. Mother Nature is unforgiving. I have to keep the antennas lower than I want and disconnect coax when not in use.
Equipment to try and outwit Mother Nature would be very expensive.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.