• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna coax cable question

dice55

Mar 14, 2016
I have added 10' of aluminum mast pole to my antenna, it puts my cable run to radio in almost the exact length as specified. I have looped the cable around the pole 4 times and ty-wrapped so it doesnt swing in the wind ( sort of like the stripe on a barber pole). Receiving has not been affected but I feel my transmission is weaker. My SWR is 1.1, I show full modulation. Can this b affecting it? Coax against alum?

I have added 10' of aluminum mast pole to my antenna, it puts my cable run to radio in almost the exact length as specified. I have looped the cable around the pole 4 times and ty-wrapped so it doesnt swing in the wind ( sort of like the stripe on a barber pole). Receiving has not been affected but I feel my transmission is weaker. My SWR is 1.1, I show full modulation. Can this b affecting it? Coax against alum?

Unlike ladder line, running coax near metal will not affect it at all.

The DB

This is the part i don't understand
My Antenna closest antenna requirements say 59'
What is this specified length you speak of???
I put up a short Workman B100 about 20' high called for 59' of cable at the distance I used. I think my problem is its not a good transmitting antenna at 3' high evn on my 20' pole. My mistake maybe is not getting a desent base antenna

Ok, I'm open to all suggestions. I'm running a Cobra 29 LX w/ Astatic 636L mic on a 12v power supply. 60' of cable to a 20' aluminum mast off a 4' fence. Just clears the roof height. I'd like to stay under 150.00.

Ok, I'm open to all suggestions. I'm running a Cobra 29 LX w/ Astatic 636L mic on a 12v power supply. 60' of cable to a 20' aluminum mast off a 4' fence. Just clears the roof height. I'd like to stay under 150.00.
Good evening sir, when I had a base setup in the mid 1990's I had a Galaxy Saturn booked up to a Antron 99 and it worked wonders and if I remember correctly the antenna itself was under 150.00 more like 99.00, it's a great antenna, simple to use and I know with mine I talked around the world with that antenna and 30 Watts, I would highly recommend it for the cost,just my 2 cents,hopefully it helps!!

Good evening sir, when I had a base setup in the mid 1990's I had a Galaxy Saturn booked up to a Antron 99 and it worked wonders and if I remember correctly the antenna itself was under 150.00 more like 99.00, it's a great antenna, simple to use and I know with mine I talked around the world with that antenna and 30 Watts, I would highly recommend it for the cost,just my 2 cents,hopefully it helps!!
Yes my price range too. I see that antenna has the option of 4 radials, do you remember if you had them attached or not? Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.