• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna help please!

I see when converted to inches the antenna he is building is almost exact length for 155 mhz. However toward the bottom of the page it shows a table for choke adjustment at different freq. 155 MHz with 25mm choke diameter says 5 turns. Confused!

Yes but read further. The choke has to be below frequency . hence he uses 9 turns for 144 to 148 ( chart shows 135 mhz) You can take off 1 turn if you feel like it but it wont make that much difference.

Yes but read further. The choke has to be below frequency . hence he uses 9 turns for 144 to 148 ( chart shows 135 mhz) You can take off 1 turn if you feel like it but it won

Build took about 30 minutes. Used 3/4 pex pipe and rg58 coax. I put 9 turns in it as advised. Radio traffic really slow on a tuesday night in rural nw Mo. I have managed to pull in a call sign in the 155mhz range. Eager to get mounted on the roof of the house. Just heard traffic at 42mhz. Think its gona work like a champ.

Reactions: tba02

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.