• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna hood mount question

Big Dog

Sep 4, 2008
Hey everyone, great forum,looks real informative. Anyways I just got a Galaxy DX99V and Im installing in my pick up, I got a braket that goes between the front left fender and the hood, I was told to cut the end offthe new ant. wire, strip it and attach the center wire to a connector that bolts on to botom of the ant. and the ground to the bracket. I have done all that but the 4 foot fiberglass Wilson ant. seems way too loose , real wobbly. Anybody know how to make it tighter? I have tightened the heck out of it. Any responses will be appreciated, Thanks.

That's really not quite enough information to answer your question. Not being familiar with that particular bracket and antenna, a picture would sure help. 'Loose' isn't good with an antenna so you're certainly right about that part. Can't say why it's loose though.
- 'Doc

Hey everyone, great forum,looks real informative. Anyways I just got a Galaxy DX99V and Im installing in my pick up, I got a braket that goes between the front left fender and the hood, I was told to cut the end offthe new ant. wire, strip it and attach the center wire to a connector that bolts on to botom of the ant. and the ground to the bracket. I have done all that but the 4 foot fiberglass Wilson ant. seems way too loose , real wobbly. Anybody know how to make it tighter? I have tightened the heck out of it. Any responses will be appreciated, Thanks.
Is there a plastic or teflon shoulder washer under the antenna where is screws on the mounting stud, if not that might be you problem.

Is there a plastic or teflon shoulder washer under the antenna where is screws on the mounting stud, if not that might be you problem.

Yes there is, there is no room to screw in a conventional cable end so I am using 2 opened end wrenches. Theres a bolt on the bottom facing up then a lock washer then the wire connector under the bracket then a plastic washer and everthing tightens up into the antenna.

Yes there is, there is no room to screw in a conventional cable end so I am using 2 opened end wrenches. Theres a bolt on the bottom facing up then a lock washer then the wire connector under the bracket then a plastic washer and everthing tightens up into the antenna.
I guess I can't picture the setup, especially the lock washer on the bottom with a wire connectot, pictures would help or if you could find the mount somewhere online and provide a link.

I just went back to my original ant. bracket, the other was just too much of a PITA. Thanks for all your input

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.