• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna length for walkie talkie

Oh.. been wondering.. will I need to install some kind of a counterpoise to increase efficiency? Just wondering..

Attachments

• s-l1600 (9).jpg
    s-l1600 (9).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 9
There is a write-up about it, Here

10 meter and 12 Meter...posted in 2011, so I can hope they made some improvements...

IT will need help in antenna and counterpoise.

So since I know so little about that "box" I can only hope the BNC contains a separate connector you can use to hook up coax to a more dedicated antenna - even a thown-up-into-a-tree - can help

Thank you.. yes.. was wondering if after installing a 130cm / 51" (1/8 wave) BNC connected antenna an counterpoise would improve the performance of the handheld radio. Probably I can attach a wire into the "negative" part of the BNC to act as a counterpoise and still been able to maintain the portability (keeping it as a handheld) of the whole set up. But is it worth it? That is my question... Thanks...

Sometimes, I'll just use an adapter so I can run the AH100 to an external antenna. That antenna is frequently my simple little 1/4 wave dipole: a 102" piece of 3/4" aluminum; a rail mount and a 102" stainless steel whip on top. I take it on my boat and have managed to talk to Hawaii's big island while I was anchored off an island here in the Keys running barefoot.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
TRC-217 - That jack for the EXT antenna..

Does it look like this....
upload_2020-10-4_12-25-44.png

Then you need a Motorola to SO-239....

Looks like a long stereo plug - adapted to an SO-239...
s-l1000.jpg

Also goes by AD259X
AD259X.jpg

Speaking of adapters... years later... I wonder if anyone has seen any adapters for the TRC-207 type antennas. Those are just a threaded female end on the radio. Would love to be able to adapt that to a female BNC.

Has anyone noticed that the center pin of the BNC connector on the HATA antenna is thicker than it should be?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated