• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna model

This antenna is what I want modeled. Horz. At whatever height is usual over average soil

Attachments

• 20211127_084707.jpg
    20211127_084707.jpg
    868 KB · Views: 28
The shield is attached to something that appears to be a boom, is that boom directly attached to the antenna's elements?

Also, I can't read the writing on it, so how far past the front element does that boom go?

The DB

The boom does go past but it's not intentional. Six inches both ways. Yes the shield is attached to the boom and each end has a grounded element

Crazy sometimes it attaches sometimes it dont.

The boom is not isolated from the mast. Coax comes off the boom at a right angle at the mast.

The antenna is fed from the long side

Attachments

• 20211202_073750.jpg
    20211202_073750.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
It's kinda like having 2 dipoles on each end just 180 from each other. It might not model very well. It started as a hb9cv beam and one thing lead to another so here we are. It is broadbanded and matches well. But I'm not sure what to think about its radiation pattern. Up down left right no clue. It talks but that's all I know.

The shield is attached to something that appears to be a boom, is that boom directly attached to the antenna's elements?

Also, I can't read the writing on it, so how far past the front element does that boom go?

The DB
Any other questions I'll be happy to answer

No further questions, and sorry for the delay, life happens and as such I haven't had the time to sit down and make a model. I will make this model for you when I get a chance.

The DB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.