• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna options

The downside to the dipole I would think for me would be the lack of space and availability to get it in the air. Backyards here are small and I only have one tree. It's the desert. That's why I originally went with the a99. I was considering the imax 2000 as it has a higher wattage rating. But would prefer to find somthing in aluminum or stainless if possible....
Not saying the dipole wouldn't work, it might, I just wonder what my recieve would be at only 6 or so feet off the ground? If you all still think it's the best route I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks again guys. I appreciate your input and time.

The downside to the dipole I would think for me would be the lack of space and availability to get it in the air. Backyards here are small and I only have one tree. It's the desert. That's why I originally went with the a99. I was considering the imax 2000 as it has a higher wattage rating. But would prefer to find somthing in aluminum or stainless if possible....
Not saying the dipole wouldn't work, it might, I just wonder what my recieve would be at only 6 or so feet off the ground? If you all still think it's the best route I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks again guys. I appreciate your input and time.

A horizontal dipole probably won't work too well for you @ only 6'. If you only have one support an Inverted V dipole will work nicely. There is plenty of info out there on the details or yell if you need more.

Thanks crawdad. I'm gonna give it a shot. I've never done it before but not scared too. I'm new to the hobby and eager to learn.

Thanks crawdad. I'm gonna give it a shot. I've never done it before but not scared too. I'm new to the hobby and eager to learn.

Wire dipoles for 11 meter are fairly easy to put up and fun to play with. They also work well. Good luck and keep posting.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.