• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

antenna question for the beam experts

Nov 12, 2018
I have acquired a tri band parts antenna, a mostly there Mosley CL36 beam and it is just too large to go on my tower and I don't have a large enough rotor for it.
I talked to Mosley but the guy just wanted to rush me off the phone but he did say given I needed an antenna with a smaller footprint I could easily convert it to a TA32M and he sent me the schematic for both antennas.
I have only built wire antennas so I was wondering if I would get good performance on something like this.
I am also interested in adding 17 meters to this and really dont know how to go about it, a little bit of internet research shows a couple people adding a mono band dipole cut for different bands to 2 and 3 element beams but that is another mystery to me as far as what boom length to increase the TA32M version to etc....
any tips would be appreciated.
Ken

I used a Hamstick 17 meter dipole mounted just below a Mosley TA-33 JR & it was Amazing how well it worked.I now have the TA-53M so I have around 8 dbd of gain & three elements on 10-20 meters & it's a great antenna for just a 14 ft boom but it does weigh 55 lbs. I use a Yaesu G-800SDX rotor & I have for the last 15 years or so with an M2 6M5X above it an a Cushcraft 215WB as well.A Hamstick Dipole is very inexpensive & they perform very well.

Reactions: badweatherbiker
I used a Hamstick 17 meter dipole mounted just below a Mosley TA-33 JR & it was Amazing how well it worked.I now have the TA-53M so I have around 8 dbd of gain & three elements on 10-20 meters & it's a great antenna for just a 14 ft boom but it does weigh 55 lbs. I use a Yaesu G-800SDX rotor & I have for the last 15 years or so with an M2 6M5X above it an a Cushcraft 215WB as well.A Hamstick Dipole is very inexpensive & they perform very well.
I may look into that, otherwise I have enough aluminum tubing to build several dipoles

Reactions: W4KVW

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.