• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

antenna size ?

Arkieguide

May 27, 2018
I am trying to build a CB 3 element beam - Ever formula I find on line gives me different answers.I use the wave length of 33.4444 - most come up with close to the same element length but boom sizes are different. I decided on a 10' boom, reflect - 220" - DE -198" D - 180" & R to de = 67" and de to d - 51". My boom is 12' so I can adjust some.What are your thoughts please. Thanks - arkieguide

Different designs will result in different lengths and spacings. That's the easy and short answer to your question. No one design is the best of the best as there are just too many variables to deal with such as gain, FB ratio, bandwidth, then you get into available tubing sizes, one piece or tapered tubing, element spacings to achieve best gain, or impedance matching etc etc etc. You can either beat your head against the wall trying to design your own from scratch without benefit of an antenna test range or you can simple copy a proven design where all the extreme math has already been done for you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.