• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Switch Box- Need a Good One

M

musky1963

I currently use a Dosy SW-4 antenna switchbox and would like any input on something better, that can handle some power, ie: 2K PEP. I think the Dosy is only rated at 1kw and it also tends to make my swr jump up when the box is on. Not looking to spend the insane bucks like some of the ham guys do, but want a simple, 3+ position, low-loss, well built switchbox to accomodate flat/vertical and future standby. Maybe in the $100 range. Any suggestions? I have heard the MFJ's are to be avoided.

Daiwa CS-401 switch is great.It is a 4 position and will handle 2.5 Kw but has been discontinued.If you can find one they are great and will not affect SWR.The MFJ switches are not all the great.I have the mfj-1704 and the CS-201 and I will take the Daiwa quality anyday.

Universal Radio

switch box

teh best switchbox i found was the delt-4 ucan hav e4 antennas on it and it also has a surgeprotector

Thanks for the replies. I found a brand new Alpha Delta-4 :LOL: . Daiwa no longer carries the 4 position, as mentioned. I am getting rid of my Dosy to a local who isn't running much power. No more Dosy equipment for me period! :?

That's a very good idea. Dosy switch boxes don't handle power very well in my own experience.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.