• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna switch

I use an HP 8761A switch. It is mounted to the wall behind my desk and I use a toggle to operate it that's attached to the side of my rig. Supposed to be good to 5Kw. I only run 150 watts so I should be OK.........

Attachments

• kc-8761a-101-201-301_lg.jpg
    kc-8761a-101-201-301_lg.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 20

It all come down to how much isolation there is in the switch between the two or more positions. The Alpha Delta switches are rated quite well for this. I use a 4 position Alpha Delta to switch between different HF rigs. I do not ever have more than one rig on at any time however.

I use a big MFJ switch for radios and antennas. Not cheap, but fit my needs perfectly. Rated at 1500w.

View attachment 68988
A switch is the final part of my setup, and I have been very leary because I am afraid I will blow out the back end of the other attached radios. I have looked at the MFJ switches. And i've also looked at the alpha delta switches....it is such a pain to move everything to unhook and hook up coax.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1