• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Theory. Questions involving dual antennas!

Phased arrays on mobiles are VERY common at higher frequencies than HF, and there can be situations where there can be some benefit to less than ideal spacing on CB mobiles, as well. The big rig truck example comes to mind: Sometimes with mirror mounts and a massive ground plane off to one side, you get a one-direction radiation pattern. Used a phased array can help even out that radiation pattern, even if the spacing is a little less than ideal. But on every day cars and trucks, it's just not usually practical on HF bands.

Alright everyone I honestly really appreciate all the input. Ive done a ton of reading here today on theories involving the placement of antenna and everything ive seen says that I am harming my right and left signal while creating somewhat of a directional focus to the front and back. I can see the pros and cons to this.

Now I have to decide whether I wanna run with the 3ft Firestik or the K30....sigh

Alright everyone I honestly really appreciate all the input. Ive done a ton of reading here today on theories involving the placement of antenna and everything ive seen says that I am harming my right and left signal while creating somewhat of a directional focus to the front and back. I can see the pros and cons to this.

Now I have to decide whether I wanna run with the 3ft Firestik or the K30....sigh

This is where you need to mount each antenna where it will be used and test each one at a time. There will be very little difference in them but one may show a bit better signal than the other. Phased antennas can and do indeed work however there is more to it than using a simple TEE connector and hooking a couple cables together. There is a whole other world of phased antennas out there waiting to be explored.

No. Only if the phasing is right Keep reading I think your still missing the point

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.