• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Tower Erection Southeast Ohio Style

Um......well......er.......but......OH HELL! What a bunch of dumb asses! I was waiting for the step ladder to kick out and the bottom lift up out of the hole and catch someone under the chin...........or in the nads.

Reactions: 1 person
I was waiting for the step ladder to kick out and the bottom lift up out of the hole and catch someone under the chin...........or in the nads.

They would have needed GPS to find the guy that got launched into orbit if that ladder had become the fulcrum point going the other way.

The only thing that saved this install with no injuries was luck.

Amen.

Jeff

Sometimes the motivation to get the tower up outweighs the common sense involved. I'm sure as we watched that video we all visualized several ways this could go wrong. That's exactly what you're suppose to do before the install begins. Think of everything that could go wrong and prevent it.

Last month someone I've talked to for years decided to climb their tower to do maintenance. It was a crank-up tower that had some age to it. Both the cables and the locking bar failed on the tower and scissored both arms completely off at the elbows.

Never climb a crank-up tower before it's fully cranked down and secured in that position. Never climb an older tower without inspecting every aspect of it that you can on the ground and continue inspecting the bolts and lattice bars your feet will be going on during the climb up. Missing bolts and weakened weld points on the lattice bars can be detrimental. Please use a climbing belt too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.