• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANTENNA WARNING LIGHT

bcrewcaptain

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 6, 2005
Central Va
sounds like they prob just cranked the wrong pot when they were in it..there is a pot that will cause that...I'll see if I cant dig that up, I want to say it was tied in with the meter adjust, but not 100% sure

bcrewcaptainsig1.jpg
</p>

never had to do it myself....usually just gets dorked up in the mods and you just need to turn it back a notch...

if you really wanted it to be accurate....you'd have to match it with the swr meter....course then you'd have to be able to provide a lousy swr...

crank that sucker back and pretend its not there..lol

bcrewcaptainsig1.jpg
</p>

no reason why not..use them along with the built in meter and you should be good to go...my old 29's pot was bad for the adjust...ended up just clipping the light wire

bcrewcaptainsig1.jpg
</p>

Every modded Cobra radio I've seen, always did that...

never even thought twice about it!!

2X4CX15,000 being driven by 3X8877

Ep was close to 14 kV on the 15,000s....

Power output was capable of over 80,000 watts Bird</p>

got a cobra 29 nightwatch classic from some bananna head on the internet..

when i key it into a dummyload the antenna warning light comes on.. checked swr and it is 1.0 on radios meter..

is this a known defect? anyone know how to correct it?

looks like they just cut d11 and turned up the deadkey to 6w..

it swings to 8w average the way it came..

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=randycdx492>Randy CDX492</A> at: 2/20/05 9:25 am

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.