1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Any cigar aficionados around here?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by 338_MtRushmore, Jan 12, 2018.

1. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore Well-Known Member

Just lit up a Pappy Van Winkle that seems over priced. Anyone else enjoy a good cigar?

I've only enjoyed maybe 60 or so cigars, but I find it interesting and enjoyable so far. So many to try that it seems overwhelming at times, almost like antennas I suppose....

I asked a coworker to bring back a couple of Cubans from Mexico for me. He said he was a "cigar guy". He then said that he could get 5 packs of Cohibas for $15 all day long. I told him they were fake, and he said no way. I replied with a "nevermind".

#1 338_MtRushmore, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Shadetree Mechanic likes this.

2. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

hi 388 I am a cigar guy... My go to is helix 550 Maduro wrapper. great smooth smoke.

3. dave457

dave457 Well-Known Member

Nub, maduro
    Drew estates, anything

4. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't call myself an "aficionado", but I enjoy a good cigar every once in a while...

5. KsKev

KsKev Member

I too enjoy a good cigar, I was introduced to Macanudo....
    Tried several over the years..... my favorite is Arturo Fuente!

6. 338_MtRushmore

Are these pretty consistent? I smoked one this evening, and it was rock hard 1 inch either side of the band and looked like stems were going to pop through the wrapper. The draw was fine, but started getting tight half way through.

It was a little too bitter for my taste. It seems like maduros are a wild card, and you never know what to expect.

7. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

All of mine have been fine although I do keep them in my humidor..

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  8. 338_MtRushmore

I finished the last four helix of the 5 pack I had. I think the first one was just a dud all around. I figured I'd give an update since I was very displeased with the first.

9. Beetle

Beetle Sr. Member

Not within a five-mile radius of my house.