• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Hallicrafters collectors?

I've got one of those in much better condition and it still works! Had it since I was a kid.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of the Hammurland heavy weights weighed in about 65-70 pounds depending on the model. True boat anchors indeed.

That was the rig that I listened to a QSO on AM 10 meters, IIRC, and there were three guys... one in New York, one in California, and one in Hawaii all talking to each other. THAT was cool.

Also remember listening to what sounded like telephone conversations in the UK? Remember the sounds on the Pink Floyd album Dark Side of the Moon? A lot like that.

Brett

That was the rig that I listened to a QSO on AM 10 meters, IIRC, and there were three guys... one in New York, one in California, and one in Hawaii all talking to each other. THAT was cool.

Also remember listening to what sounded like telephone conversations in the UK? Remember the sounds on the Pink Floyd album Dark Side of the Moon? A lot like that.

Brett

It may have been the old High Seas Radiotelephone Service or a ham operator operating a phone patch. Most likely the former. I remember hearing many High Seas phone calls from ships at sea.

AT&T High Seas Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.