• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any help would be appreciated!

imustbenuts

Dec 11, 2010
I installed a Cobra 75wxst in a jeep wrangler. I have wonderful engine noise through the speaker. I've tried noise filters, moving my grounds, moving power and coax to different points away from speakers and other wires. I'm at a loss. Anyone have suggestions???

I am getting frustrated with this! I installed a cobra 75 wx st. Engine noise is very annoying! Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try??? Any help would be appreciated!

Then check every ground and consider replacing your alternator. If it is as bad as you claim; it might be ready to go anyway. But you must be sure first. Lots of things make noise. You will have to go thru the main three offenders. One more thing - you can put capacitors on the charging system, ignition system, and fuel system. Either your vehicle didn't come from the factory so equipped - or they need larger capacitor values - or are faulty.

The best way is to check each system independently by removing the right fuses from the fuse box with the key on. This works for the fuel system. If the fuel pump isn't making RF noise when power is removed; then it needs to be suppressed by a capacitor.

Next, remove the field wire from the alternator and check for RF noise. If noise is still present; then it might well be the ignition system that needs more suppression. If you don't know your way around a car - then forget about doing it yourself and take it to a shop and see if they can't sort it out for you.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.