• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

any known issues with this radio

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
need input if its good radio to have the price $175.00 from a local 1 town away.what size power supply would it need to run properly ?? i'm a cobra guy i like the looks of the radio mainly that has a built in amp where i don't have to get a base amp for the home i pretty sure i can talk skip with just that radio here is his ad=
I have a perfect working cobra 200 gtl dx comes with stock mic and power cord the radio has been converted and tuned radio has a built in amplifier has two toshiba 2sc2290’s also roger beep and echo low power it keys 2 watts swings 60 high power keys 25 swings 130 $200cash firm local pick they are going for way more on eBay collectors radio

Last edited:

i'm trying to find reviews but most are not good plus what if parts are needed i guess i can take that money and for $125 buy an old solid-state 2 pill base amp that would give me the same wattage on my cobra 2000 gtl
I wouldn't touch it even with long stick.
Mike

I remember being on the Copper forum when these things came out. Everyone said they were lemons.

I know a guy that bought a used Cobra 150 a few years ago. He keyed that thing down for hours at a time low driving a TX Star 500. We called him one night to make sure he didn't die and leave the radio transmitting. He didn't answer but when he started yelling Freebird towards the end of that concert we knew he was OK.

A few of us would gather in his garage on Saturday night. It was like being in a small bar with a local band. He was a good DJ, kept everyone entertained and even dedicated songs to the other cbers that hated his guys for tying up the channel with that shit all night long. :ROFLMAO:

....sorry I got sidetracked. The 150 sounded really good with Shure sm58 and a mixer with a 3 band eq.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.