• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any other hobbies you enjoy?

Brother DXer

226 - west Texas (WDX226)
Aug 20, 2022
Texas
I have several hobbies, and the most expensive by far is photography. I've had 3 different camera bodies and many types of lenses over the past 40 years. The last camera I bought in 2017 was in the neighborhood of 2k. And this is actually on the low end. The lenses are the big ticket items!!
Anyway, I'm curious about the diversity of hobbies people have. Fishing is also one of my hobbies..
I have thousands of photos and will share a few here.

Screenshot_20230715-215049_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230715-215102_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230715-215223_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230715-214837_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230715-214814_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230715-222715_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230715-215333_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230715-214755_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230715-215351_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Building and flying radio control planes sounds like a blast!!
Yeah, many years ago my wife said I should try to make a little $$ with photography. No way.. that would suck the fun out of it and cause more stress!! Haha..
I've been doing some metal detecting for about 15 years. I found some great historical sites on private land with lots of stuff from the 1840's on. A lot of military stuff from the mid to late 1800's.

Building and flying radio control planes sounds like a blast!!
Yeah, many years ago my wife said I should try to make a little $$ with photography. No way.. that would suck the fun out of it and cause more stress!! Haha..
I've been doing some metal detecting for about 15 years. I found some great historical sites on private land with lots of stuff from the 1840's on. A lot of military stuff from the mid to late 1800's.
That's the dark side of photography they don't tell you about, when its a business you don't get to take the pictures YOU want. Smart move on your part.

Besides being very active on Amateur Radio I am a Performer/Solo Vocalist & I perform Classic Country Music & Traditional Southern Gospel Music. I also Love fishing for Largemouth Bass when my health allows it. I find that I'm most relaxed when I'm on stage performing & the larger the crowd the more relaxed that I am. I had the Honor of being in a show in 2016 with Lynyrd Skynyrd,,Kellie Pickler,John Michael Montgomery,Chase Rice,Big & Rich,Clay Walker,Chris Janson,Lee Greenwood,Low Cash,& others at the 25th Anniversary Suwannee River Jam in Live Oak,Florida. It's the biggest show I have ever done & it was a blast. Relaxing is very important & now that I've been retired for just over 10 years I find it even more important as I age. My wife is 100% supportive of all of my hobbies & she's my Biggest Fan as well.

Besides being very active on Amateur Radio I am a Performer/Solo Vocalist & I perform Classic Country Music & Traditional Southern Gospel Music. I also Love fishing for Largemouth Bass when my health allows it. I find that I'm most relaxed when I'm on stage performing & the larger the crowd the more relaxed that I am. I had the Honor of being in a show in 2016 with Lynyrd Skynyrd,,Kellie Pickler,John Michael Montgomery,Chase Rice,Big & Rich,Clay Walker,Chris Janson,Lee Greenwood,Low Cash,& others at the 25th Anniversary Suwannee River Jam in Live Oak,Florida. It's the biggest show I have ever done & it was a blast. Relaxing is very important & now that I've been retired for just over 10 years I find it even more important as I age. My wife is 100% supportive of all of my hobbies & she's my Biggest Fan as well.
IMG_1682.jpeg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.