• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Standard HX230S Owners?

B

bouyscout

Recently purchased a Standard Horizon HX230S and didn't receive the users manual. If anyone has one and would be willing to scan a copy of it, I'd be much abliged. I would also like to ask some specific questions about the radio. I can be contacted at bouyscout@mail.com

Many thanks,

bouyscout

</p>

Many of the older Standard Horizon Handhelds, particularly the one that was chocolate in color (can't remember the model #...), could be EASILY modified for tx/rx for about 2 MHz above and 2 MHz below the VHF Marine band.

BE VERY CAREFUL!!! Even though we have state of the art police departments using trunked "bagigahertz" systems now, most every local yokel and Sheriff's Departments still uses frequencies VERY close to the VHF marine band AND these are typically covered by the increased band spread of a modified Standard Horizon radio.

I've been out of the Marine Business for a few years now and do not recall anything special about the 230S. It is typically VERY EASY to tell if your standard HH is modifiable. Just open the puppy up and look for a little micro-slider switch on one of the circuit boards. It is very obvious, and the only switch of that type in the radio. "Switch the switch" to the opposite position from what it is in, and Voila, "extra" channels galore.

As far as the owners manual goes, call West Marine, Boater's World or Boat US (Or your local equivalent) and have them special order you one.

Have fun.

_____

Buttfuzz in the Mobile
SuperStar Gr, KLV203, Wilson5K, 575-M6

Buttfuzz at the Base

Galaxy Class StarShip, A99wGPK, D104-M6B
Buttfuzz Built Deuce and a Quarter</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=buttfuzz>ButtFuzz</A> 
globalBlack.gif
at: 7/5/02 1:16:02 am

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.