• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anybody enjoy a smoke or dip?

Most of my relatives in WV grow tobacco. All my uncles used to chew homemade twists. They always went around with a big ass wad of that shit in their mouths. Their cheek was so stretched out that they looked like Louis Armstrong. I used to point and laugh at them.

Their all dead, but not from cancer. All lived into their 90's. My Dad's mom chewed that shit and smoked a pipe. Must be an acquired taste, I'd rather lick a skunks ass than chew that shit. I tried it once when I was a pre pubescent dumbass and learned my lesson.

My dad used to smoke, but he quit when I was around 6 or so. I actually miss smoking, especially when I'm busy doing something or drinking. I just up and quit cold turkey one day at work after I had trouble catching my breath. My best friend quit about the same time following bypass surgery.

I wish I'd never had started, but peer pressure was huge back then.

Last edited:
Yeah smoking isn't the best... Smokeless tobacco has a much lower risk of cancer. Like a 1.1 or 2% chance of getting it. That is from multiple non-bias websites and dental professionals.

I quit smoking, even though I enjoy it. I actually am finding myself liking dip more than smoking. Its still not "safe", but nothing in life is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't smoke or dip but during the summer I will occasionally enjoy a Drew Estates cigar out on the deck with a good beer.

I went to High School in WV and all the rednecks in that school dipped and spit into any cup or container they could find. Those spit cups were sitting all over the school and there was always one spilled somewhere. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen... and I still gag a bit when I see someone with that nonsense in their cheek or lower lip. :thumbdown:

NIck23 - not correct. Smokeless tobacco is just as dangerous as smoking. From Mens health magazine and I'm sure there is a lot of data out there on the risks of smokeless tobacco.

"The official line is that spit tobacco and snuff are just as dangerous and addictive as smoking and have dangers associated with them such as gum disease, tooth erosion and cancerous mouth lesions that can become cancerous. The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research say the tobacco industry likes to call spit tobacco smokeless tobacco as it makes it sound safe."

Back when I was 16 I started smoking Marlboro reds back when they were 33 cents a pack. Smoked Winston's only if I couldn't get Marlboros. Quit after seven years then started smoking cigars and then Marlboro reds another seven years. I would get Garcia Vega double coronas as my everyday work smoke and would buy a handful of good cigars from a local Tinder Box store. I also chewed Lancaster chewing tobacco for a short while. I have learned not to chew and smoke cigars at the same time as I got sick,my mother remarking on my skin's shade of gray. Quit for another seven years and started smoking Swisher Sweets mini cigarillos. I have found out that the fruity flavored cigars are being bought by the younger generation to hide the pot smell.
It might be due to be fidgety. Oh well.

Marlboro Man - YouTube

RatsoW8- Not correct. The percent of those mouth lesions becoming cancerous is very low. As listed above. With regular brushing and flossing it has a small impact on your teeth and gums. I had a friend who dipped for 40 years and his dentist never noticed. Non scientific, but still an interesting fact. Is mens health magazine non-bias? Who conducted the research?

Did I ever say it was good or worry free. No. It has a much, much lower risk of cancer compared to smoking. In fact, smoking is the leading cause in mouth cancer, not smokeless.

I smoke. But do not really enjoy it anymore. Once in a great while I do, but most of the time it is to avoid the nicotine W/D. My favorite are Marlboro Mediums (whatever they call them now) and the southern cut now and then. If I get tired of those, I will get the Winston full flavor, or lately to save a few dollars I have tried the brand "Crown" from Circle K. They are OK for the money. Although... I DO NOT SMOKE inside, or around my electronic gear. It ruins everything! Not in the car either.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated