• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT KIND OF ANTENNA THIS IS ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
It's about 77 inches long or 6FT 5 inches and it has a large copper coil towards the mid-section, if anybody does know ? any info would be appreciated. Thanks as always. Switch Kit
im0009961cn.jpg

it is a strange one ? I messed with it a little last night , seems like it has to be mounted to metal ,by itself , leaning up against a tree ,no match ,so IM guessing it needs a ground plane of some kind ? I did lay it sideways accross the top of my car (antenna to metal) and I was getting a 1.2 match but it was very touchy ,moving the mic around or even touching the radio I was using would flucuate the SWR in a big way , just laying accross the top of my car about 5 ft of the ground ,I did get a few good radio checks from some truckers ,IM wondering if the push pole that one might mount it too would make for the ground plane needed for a talkable SWR ? .....very strange to say the least or it's just a major piece of junk that somebody thought they could make a dollar on ? Hmmmmm

I can't tell if that coil is fixed or motor driven. It looks like a screwdriver antenna, but the coil is too small. It's definately a mobile antenna....the bracket looks like a High Sierra or Tarheel Antennas bracket.

Not 2m....too long and too much coil. Maybe 6. It's hard to tell without a clos-up shot of the coil. It may be a HF screwdriver antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.