• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone 6666 not keying up

So my good ol' Quad 6 has stopped working.

When I key up, it looks like I'm keying and unkeying rapidly, about twice a second. Chunk chunk chunk chunk.

It is unmodified and I've tried a brand new mic and it didn't change things. I've reset it via the software.

Any ideas?

The early made quad 6 had an issue where they burned a ground trace on the board before it went into the mic socket.

Are you using the oe stick mic replacement?

Sad to see such a great workhorse radio not operating so we need to get it back up. Even the best need a doctor sometimes I guess.

So my good ol' Quad 6 has stopped working.

When I key up, it looks like I'm keying and unkeying rapidly, about twice a second. Chunk chunk chunk chunk.

It is unmodified and I've tried a brand new mic and it didn't change things. I've reset it via the software.

Any ideas?
It could be that you have your co-ax connections hooked up backwards. Try switching and see if that fixes the problem. Other than that it could be to low a deadkey or insufficient power supply. Good luck

It could be that you have your co-ax connections hooked up backwards. Try switching and see if that fixes the problem. Other than that it could be to low a deadkey or insufficient power supply. Good luck
It's been hooked up the same way since new, same antenna, same power.

The antenna has been used to work half the world so I'm sure that is OK!

Reactions: Holydvr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.