• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone ever run one of these?

When a Bad review still gives them 5 stars?, I'd stay away...
upload_2020-9-27_8-45-36.png

Sounds like Rating Manipulation to me...

These "converters" or line regulators, you need to realize that the amount of amps swings to nearly 50% more input current at the lower input voltages to swing that upper voltage limit - so you think 100W is bad, the vehicle powering it or process you're going to use this in supplying ( @kopcicle ) for you need to consider it's own conversion efficiency.

If this is for MOSFET amps - it may not be enough.

They don't show a wattage rating. The current rating is highest at the lowest input voltage. 5 Volts times 14 Amps sounds like 70 Watts to me. An RF amplifier that consumes 70 Watts from the power supply won't provide more than half that much average RF power.

Higher input voltage reduces the actual current rating. At 14 Volts input, for example, the current rating would now be 5 Amps, pretty sure.

Could always look up the specs for the LTC3780 chip that it uses. Might provide more detail.

I agree with Nomad, with several extra questions - or perhaps I'll just leave this "screenshot" here for some one else to help with the language barrier...

upload_2020-9-28_21-47-52.png
Woof = 1_Dont_Know_Where_t0-Be-gin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.