• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone happen to have any PDF's about...

Those are good books I have them but it still takes a bit of knowledge and somewhat understanding basic electronic theory or one is still gonna be left in the dark. Lou is a great guy and pretty damn smart and straight forward.

I like hime because he actually EXPLAINS WHY things are done and why things do what they do which in the longrun helps with understanding whats going on it trouble shooting and the repairs.

He also has some cool products speech Processor channel filter guards ETC which he also eplains the benifits of them in laymens terms so 98% of people can understand wht thyey do and why they work.

I have some other really cool repair programs on disc somewhere around here but the Lou Franklin books are still my favorite. I still page through them when bored or when I cant sleep. I have so many mod and tuneup books I should really sell or trade them off since I dont meess with the CB radios to much anymore Ive even got doubles of books and discs but the only info I really ever dig into anymore is my HF radios or Ham gear.

All in all Ide suggest the the CBC (Lou Franklin) books to anyone that has basic knowlege and understanding of radio and its components and using test equipment. Another book Ive used alot was the red I believe its called "The Radio Hackers Guide" Ide have to dig it out to see what exactly its called and who wrote it but its also kind of cool and has an awsome (tuneup chart) at the back and lists all the needed VR's in several of the more popular radios.

Kens Electronics technical books

Revisiting and old post here.

Was looking at the Kens Electronics website for some spare parts I need.

Have discovered they publish a number of technical books ie:

CB repair, scanner repair, linear repair etc etc.

Anyone know of these, what they are like and if they were useful?

73's

Thank all you guys for the info...

However... I promise you, I know damn near EVERY SINGLE BOOK ever written on the subject of Cb repair/servicing since the 50's.

As stated, I am looking for downloadable PDF's on the subject.

Thank you much, again for your time and effort.

J

Google is your friend, if they're not there, then you just have to break down and pay the price for good information. That is the American way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Thank all you guys for the info...

However... I promise you, I know damn near EVERY SINGLE BOOK ever written on the subject of Cb repair/servicing since the 50's.

As stated, I am looking for downloadable PDF's on the subject.

Thank you much, again for your time and effort.

J

Try GOOGLE

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.